What's new

Any over the counter that gets rid of zitts? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I've have the zit problem for the past ten years now. It's gotten a tad bit better, but still have the most embbarasing nose breakouts. Sometimes if I forget to check in the morning, and go out, you get the most intresting stares, heh.

So far, nothing we've tried has completly gotten rid of it. Has anyone tried something that has actually worked?

Thanks

Jason Wilcox

Supporting Actor
i use a gel from bath & body works. stole it from my sister and it works pretty well. it's called bio face blemish control gel. give it a try.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
My daughter(14), has a slight problem at times. She uses the basic soap(face) first, then an astringent, but instead of a toner, she's been using Hydrogen Peroxide. Her face has never looked better.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Have you gone to a doctor? They can give you antibiotics and creams/gels that can be vert effective (and cheaper than OTC, with insurance.)

The clearasil 3-in-1 soap-type thing works well. It's better than Neutrogena (both contain salicylic acid.)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Have you gone to a doctor? >>>
Yep, tried this a few years ago, and whaterver they gave me didn't work. :frowning:

SteveA

Supporting Actor
If you've had the problem for 10 years, it might not go away on it's own. See a doctor. I had a friend in college who's face was like a topographical map of the Himalayas and that Accutane stuff cleared it all up - permanently.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
Do you remember what they gave you?

I tried like half a dozen things before something useful was found, and it took quite awhile for it to be effective.

Also, I don't know how long accutane has been around, but that works for a lot of people, though it's a bit more serious of a drug than topical and antibiotics.

I found antibiotics to work very well, but it took sometime for them to become effective.

ace peterson

Second Unit
Were you compliant with your medications? That is, did you take them according to the directions? Or did you forget to take them a lot? Much has changed in the last few years with acne treatments. See a doctor again.

Ken Garrison

Supporting Actor
I noticed Tea Tree Oil and Emu Oil does a pretty good job. Also, I noticed, after getting sunburned on the face, the zits kinda flake off.

Randy Tennison

Screenwriter
Real Name
Randy
I had great luck with Clinque's mens face products. Try using the face scrub, astrigent and soap (which is possibly the smoothest soap around). The Post Shave healer is wonderful, too. Check out the Clinque counter at your favorite department store (Dillards, any May co. store, etc.)

Mike_Mig

Stunt Coordinator
I can vouch for SteveA's accutane story. I was a teenager and had what they called cystic acne, basically cysts that start pretty deep and can't really be taken care of with anything, since the problem is deep, topicals didn't work for me and antibiotics just couldn't do the job. I went to a dermatologist for about 2 years and tried everything and it didn't work. Then he put me on accutane and a few months later you couldn't even tell I had a problem. Even the blood tests required every month and the bad side effects were worth it. You really should give this a try.

Mike

Leila Dougan

Screenwriter
Accutane was a life savor for me, too. A few months later all my acne was gone and it hasn't returned, not even 5 years later. Its the best thing I have ever done for myself. Its got some problems for women, but you're not a woman so you don't need to worry about that ;)

Cam S

Screenwriter
Tetracyclene (sp?) worked awsome for me. It isn't near as harsh as Acutane, but got rid of all my acne and I havn't had any outbreaks since. It was super cheap, and I took it for 3 months and the acne was gone, great stuff!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks