What's new

any Official "The One" reviews? (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Btw, I watched the movie in full-screen and then rewatched it in 16:9. I noticed nothing that I would consider any big deal either way. If someone wants to carry the flag for how bad all full-screen movies are, please tell me any big differences between 4:3 and 16:9 for this movie.
This is a joke, right?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Guys,

One question.

Since this movie seems to be universally thought of as "bad" or at best "average", what is the deal with the sales? I don't know if there are some numbers anywhere- but I went to best buy looking for SAY ANYTHING last week and the display they had was right by the door and was ravaged!

There were maybe 5 copies left (out of a display that probably held 100). I went back this week and the display was restocked and half were gone.

Either Best Buy is just half stocking their display- or this thing is selling like mad in NE Ohio. I didn't set the world on fire in the boxoffice- so why is it seemingly flying off the shelf??

-Vince

Ed Vandeweerd

Stunt Coordinator
Hello All,

All I could stomach of Jet Li's "The One" was about 5 min. I had to turn it off. Here's a hint if it's a Jet Li film don't buy it unless it's rated 18a (Canada) That's when they really let Jet Li Shine. Case in Point "Kiss of the Dragon" or "Black Mask" are two vastly superior Jet Li Films. "The One" like a previous effort "Meltdown" makes an excellent coaster. nuff said.

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Watched it last night with my brother. When I watch a movie like this I expect an SGBU($hit Gets Blown Up) movie. That's exactly what I got. Loved it. I don't really expect quality acting and stories on these kind of movies. I just expect action, sound, and special effects. It lived up to my expectations.

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
Ed -

Have you watched MELTDOWN or the original version which is HIGH RISK. HIGH RISK was a fun movie were Jet Li played a stunt double for an actor who was similar to Jackie Chan and tried to hide the fact that he uses a stunt double. It was also similar to DIE HARD. MELTDOWN was dubbed and the soundtrack was totally changed.

I didn't think THE ONE was horrible but I didn't really care for it either. Being a huge Jet Li fan I was disappointed that they used CGI to enhance his fights. This spoiled the movie for me so I couldn't watch it objectively. I need to watch it again.

Vince - THE ONE is a decent action movie. It is remeniscent of something Shwarzenegger or even Van Damme could have done years ago. It fullfils the need for an action "fix".

Having Jet Li in this movie would be like having Elvis sing through a synthesizer. Maybe THE ROCK should have done this instead of SCORPIAN KING.

Matt

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Hey Vince, it seems to be selling quite a bit in my city too. When I was at Circuit City on the 5th they had a whole row of them, a couple of days later I went back and they were almost gone. Yesterday when I bought mine, there were only a few as well. I guess I am one of those who has helped the sale of this movie. And let me say again, I thought it was a great action movie. It was just "one" of those movies that you sit back and be entertained by, and it did exactly that, for me at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks