1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Best soundtrack of the original Blade Runner

Discussion in 'Music' started by skylark68, Nov 13, 2017.

Tags:
  1. skylark68

skylark68 Supporting Actor

Timothy
    I've been looking around and seeing that there are a lot of different versions of the original Blade Runner soundtrack. Which one is the best to purchase? There seems to be a 3 disc version that is still in print (and official) that gets pretty good reviews outside of the 3rd disc. Is this the best to date? I realize there are a lot of bootlegs that have been made. Any ideas/links would be most appreciated.

2. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Producer

Joel Henderson
    As far as official sanctioned Vangelis products go, the three disc is indeed your best bet. Otherwise the bootlegs are far more miss than hit and very cobbled together in spots (that said the 2007 Esper Retirement Edition is probably the best of that lot).

skylark68 likes this.
  3. skylark68

skylark68 Supporting Actor

Timothy
    Thanks for the reply. That's what I had been reading but I respect the opinions on this site much more than random posts found elsewhere. The Esper edition sounds pretty good on youtube but I wasn't sure if I could find it nowadays without a huge markup in price.

4. Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss Producer
    Reviewer

Neil Middlemiss
    I agree with this. I'd also recommend the Buysoundtrax re-recording. I wrote a review of it a few years back:
    https://www.hometheaterforum.com/community/threads/blade-runner-30th-anniversary-celebration-soundtrack-cd-review.318148/

skylark68 likes this.
  5. Bob Cashill

Bob Cashill Producer

6. Jonathan Perregaux

Jonathan Perregaux Screenwriter

Jonathan Perregaux
    I have the 3-disc version, and it’s pretty good. If you’re a purist, you might not like the dialog snippets edited into some of the tracks. “Do you like our owl?” The third disc has nothing to do with the film and is just some indulgent noodling.

skylark68 likes this.