Any news on the complete Batman: The Animated Series

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Pat Ashmore, Sep 18, 2001.

1. Pat Ashmore

Pat Ashmore Extra

I tried searching for past threads but it was unavailable.
    Also, Amazon only lists Batman Beyond: The Movie, BB: Return of the Joker, and Mask of the Phantasm.
    It would be a shame for Warner Brothers to ignore this animated series for DVD.
    Hopefully, they will release ALL of the episodes(100+?)

2. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

World's Finest reported a few months ago that the first season would be coming in the not-too-distant future, though it's likely that the 65-episode first season would be broken up into at least two or three more managable chunks.
    ------------------
    My DVD list | My personal site

3. Robert Floto

Robert Floto Supporting Actor

I'd also like to know if there's any plans to release Batman and Mr. Freeze: Sub Zero...it is the only feature-length Batman movie not on DVD...
    ------------------
    [​IMG]

4. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

World's Finest, in that same update, I believe, said that Sub-Zero would probably be coming in 2002.
    To pre-emptively answer a question [​IMG], the unedited version of Return of the Joker should be coming next year as well, though it looks like there's a good chance it'll only be available via DC Direct. I wonder if it'll be in anamorphic widescreen, as the early announcements of Return of the Joker claimed...
    ------------------

5. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

A good question for the upcoming Warner chat.

6. Adam Tyner

Adam Tyner Screenwriter

Not necessarily, Todd. If the transcript from the previous chat with Warner is any indication, it's unlikely any questions related to any "family" or "kid" titles will be answered. Seems to be an entirely different division...
    ------------------