What's new

Exciting 2005 WB Animated News (1 Viewer)

Jim Beaver

Supporting Actor
I saw this posted over at ToonZone and like a giddy school girl with to much pep had to post it over here. It looks like not only are we getting more Batman & Superman sets (no big surprise there) but we're finally getting Justice League & Batman Beyond and get ret ready for this as I know alot of you have been waiting for this Anamaniacs looks to be coming!!!!

http://boards3.warnerbros.com/wbol/t...33855&tstart=0

"Thanks for an INCREDIBLE number of responses, people! Guess what? The folks at Warner Home Video HEAR YOU, and are currently considering MANY of the titles you’ve inquired about. Check back – we look forward to bringing you some VERY GOOD NEWS in the near future! In the meantime, keep those questions and title requests coming… because YOU can make an impact on what’s coming out next!

HERE ARE SOME ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS:

1) Hey Bruce Timm can you convince Warner Bros. to make a box set of Justice League volume 1 and Justice League Unlimited Volume 1. I love every cartoon you
ANSWER We are currently evaluating Justice League and hope to have great news for you in the near future.

2) is there ever gona be a batman beyond box set. Please let there be one because I love the show. if you are or decided to because of me please oh please make
ANSWER We are currently evaluating the release of Batman Beyond as a box set, and should have good news for you soon.

3) I have all 3 volumes of Batman The Animated Series and are you going to make the second series of batman the new adventures of batman
ANSWER Yes, we do have plans to complete the Batman collections with the New Adventures of Batman.

4) animaniacs on dvd???
ANSWER We hope very soon!

5) i really want to know the date for a animaniacs dvd release in the uk. plz tell me.
ANSWER No exact date yet, but we are currently evaluating this property for DVD release.

6) I would love to see a 4th dvd set for batman for the New Adventures. Also a Justice League set in the same format as Batman and superman. Are these in the works?
ANSWER Your wish is our command!

7) is the cartoon ''chow hound'' 1951 version by charles m jones available on dvd ? if not do u know if there is plans to have it released anytime soon?
ANSWER This property is currently unavailable on DVD, but we are always combing our vaults for great properties like this to release.

8) I've got a question...does WB plan to release the re-designed episodes of Batman: The Animated Series, titled 'The new Batman Adventures' aka 'Gotham?
ANSWER Yes, we have plans to release this series on DVD in a boxed set.

9) is dexters laboritory coming on a box set
ANSWER Currently, there are no plans to release this on a boxed set, but we will inquire about this for you.

10) Any plans to release Freakazoid on DVD? It was one of my all time favorite cartoons! Nothing says funny like poo gas!
ANSWER Currently there are no plans to release this property on DVD."

Here's the main front story here

http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=5075

"Nancy Spears, director of marketing for Warner Home Video, recently answered fan questions on the message board for Warner's Classic Cartoons DVD website. The questions were mostly concerning future Animated DC Box sets.

Spears states that not only are more Batman: The Animated Series/The New Batman Adventures and Superman: The Animated Series box sets coming, but box sets for Batman Beyond and Justice League are "currently under evaluation." She adds that Warner Home Video "should have good news soon" concerning future Animated DC DVD box sets.

She also adds that Batman: The Animated Series is second to only Looney Tunes for animated box set sales. For the complete Q & A interveiw with Spears, check out the WB Official "Cartoon Classics" Message Board."

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Well, that is great news. I suspect if they're going ahead with Justice League sets, these will show up in 2006, along with vol. 3 of Superman (to coincide with the Superman movie in the summer). Great to see Anamaniacs on the list too, and hopefully we'll hear something about Pinky & the Brain next year.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
Once I hear official word about "Animaniacs", I'll dance around naked in joy (just like TVShowsOnDVD's David is known to do). Until then, I'll be thinking about this rumor majorly and hoping that "Tiny Toon Adventures" will follow suit.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

Please, Warner, come through. I've waited for "A!" for almost half-a-decade.

RossHy

Agent
Here's some more Animaniacs answers from that site:

"2) any1 who loves animaniacs plz contact me by email with info on the show or just 2 talk about the show. its sooooooooo cool. i want 2 no when a dvd of the show is set 2 be released in the uk and when animaniacs the great edgar hunt for playstation 2 will be released in the uk as well. please get back 2 me as soon as possably cos i really want to know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ANSWER We hear you! All of you! We are currently looking into this, and hope to have positive news soon for you about Animaniacs! " (June 7)

Interviewer: Are there any other shows like Thundercats that came out in the 80’s? You know, like Hanna-Barbera, that you know of, that are coming out and seem to have some kind of a following?
Nancy: We have a few shows that we are looking at, but we’re still trying to negotiate rights to release them. Sometimes, you know, for whatever reason, we have to kinda go back and kinda work on those issues, and so we’re doing that on a lot of shows. We had requests for a lot of popular shows - we had requests for Samurai Jack, which is a Cartoon Network property, so that came out on DVD, and did really well last year. So we have another one this year. We have had repeated requests, like Animaniacs which again is a Steven Spielberg production, so again, we’re working through the issues to get those out - and really, we have to do it, we just have to work through the issues to be able to release them. We are looking at The Smurfs, again trying to work through those issues, and if we can get through those issues, whoever cuts that deal... it’s a Hanna-Barbera property, but Hanna-Barbera produced them, they did a 50% deal with the guy who owns them, so it’s not profitable for us to buy them. But there is so much demand that we’re trying to work through the issues. So The Smurfs is another one we are looking at. (July 29)

Hopefully, WB's going to come through with this great show.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
personally, i would love to see the older 60s DC material get released in a nice box set once a year (similar to the Loony Tunes).
one disc for Superman, one disc for Aquaman, one disc for Batman, one disc split amongst the JLA and Teen Titans.

good news about the newer shows, but then i always figured they would get a box release at some point after B:TAS opoened the door.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I hope they have something planned for "Tiny Toon Adventures" as well.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

The Spielberg cartoons are my TV-On-DVD Holy Grail. Don't believe me? Check my sig.

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
WHERE IS TEX AVERY?

WHERE ARE THE MGM THEATRICAL CARTOONS (HAPPY HARMONIES, BARNEY BEAR, ETC)?

WHERE IS TINY TOONS?

WHERE IS ANIMANIACS?

WHERE IS PINKY & THE BRAIN?

WHERE IS BEETLEJUICE?

Sorry, but I don't find more superhero dvd's to be exciting news. We pretty much get those once a year anyways. With the exception of what WB is doing with their Huck and Yogi sets, I'm really not excited by much that WB is handling in their animation department. I find myself more disspointed than anything...

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
How the hell do you post on that Ask The Animators thread?

I registered but everytime I try to reply to topic, Im brought back to the login forum!

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I am ALL about the Justice League season sets. Watching the show every Saturday or Sunday night makes me very nostalgic for the days when Transformers, He-Man and Justice League were all on Saturday nights.

I'll be the first guy at the store to get the JL boxes.

Jim Harvey

Second Unit
I have my fingers crossed for Pinky & The Brain and Freakzoid. Out of every comedic cartoon property, these two are the ones I want the most. Animaniacs is righ behind them, of course.

Oh, and there is a fair amount of superhero stuff coming, which you can thank Batman Begins, Superman Returns, and Wonder Woman for.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Volume 4 of Batman Animated and Volume 2 of Superman have been announced for Dec. 6. I hope this means that volumes of Justice League (and one more of Superman) will follow in the first half of next year. Likely, since Warner's new Superman movie is due in the summer.

ElijahS

Supporting Actor
As always, this is great news to hear. I'm looking forward to both far more than I thought I would.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks