What's new

Any Info on these movies? (1 Viewer)

Mark Pytel

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Pytel
Hi, I was wondering if there is any info about the release of these movies on dvd?

Wyatt Earp (possibly the extended version, SE?)
Red Sonja ( must be in WIDESCREEN, who owns this?)
Scavenger Hunt
Rhinestone
Over the Top
No Retreat No Surrender
Nuns on the Run
Nighthawks WIDESCREEN re-release
Frightener's SE ( possibly with director's cut & extras from LD)
The ALamo ( se with extended version from LD
Ransom SE ( extended version from LD)
Dead Poets Society ( Extended version from LD)
1900 ( uncut version)
Out To Sea
Grumpy Old Men (widescreen re-release)
Perfect ( WIDESCREEN release)
Ladybugs
Rover Dangerfield

I know that I can think of more titles, but this is enough for now!
Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks again!

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
You could search for some of these and find current threads on them. I want a Ladybugs/Sidekicks flipper.

Bill Burns

Supporting Actor
WB said in their last chat here at the HTF that Wyatt Earp would arrive in 2004, but they weren't any more specific than that.

I'd value more info on The Alamo, as well. I've asked in a couple of threads, particularly given the sudden buzz around the status of It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, but no info has been forthcoming.

I'm afraid I don't have anything to offer about the other titles on your list, though I'd love to see Richard Fleischer's Red Sonya on disc, OAR and 16x9 formatted, with a Fleischer interview/commentary (ala Tora! Tora! Tora! and Soylent Green). :emoji_thumbsup: A Region 1 OAR 16x9 formatted SE of Conan the Destroyer would also be very welcome.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Red Sonja is an MGM title, unless it changed hands for some reason I'm unaware of. With the recent announcements of fantasy titles like Flesh + Blood and the Allan Quatermain titles for February, it looks like another opportunity to release it has come and gone. Since Arnold is in it, and he's obviously in the news lately, it would have been a good time to get some extra sales out of it. Ah, well.

An R2 version exists with an English soundtrack, and it's 16x9 PAL. If that's an option you can use, then just hit Amazon.de and order it. It comes with a (USA release) trailer on that DVD, and I was amazed to view the trailer once upon a time and find out that the temp music track they used for the trailer was none other than the theme music from Clash of the Titans! :eek:

Jeff Swearingen

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff
I'd love to know if any new Hitchcock was on the way...

on a side note I talked to a guy the other day who wanted It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World, but decided not to buy it (the current MGM version) when he saw it was widescreen and not fullscreen. I am still in a little bit of shock!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks