What's new

Any early reviews of Tombstone Vista Series DVD?? (1 Viewer)

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
I read the review today and it states that the Directors cut is only 4 minutes longer. Didn't the LD version have like 20 more minutes in it ro something? Plus, no deleted scenes or outtakes.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Evidently, there are two scenes in the trailer which aren't in the cut and can't be viewed separately as a deleted scene.

Rob T

Screenwriter
Wwell, the review isn't up on digital bits as yet. Hopefully, they'll get to it soon. Like, before the 15th.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
The review appears to be up now. :emoji_thumbsup:
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/reviews2/tombstone.html
review by Bill Hunt, editor of The Digital Bits
Tombstone: Director's Cut
Vista Series - 1993 (2002) - Hollywood (Buena Vista)
Film Rating: A
Disc Ratings (Video/Extras): B+/B
Audio Ratings (DD/DTS): B+/A-
-------------------------------------------
This is one of my favorite movies, I look forward to picking this up.
Jan 15th is going to be a good day. :)
Jon

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
I'm definitely getting it!

I'm just wondering if it's going to be cheaper than the current release which I cannot find for less than $24.99

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I'm hoping Best Buy with have a "bundle" discount by purchasing two of three Vista special editions (Tombstone, Tron, Sixth Sense).

T r o y

Supporting Actor
Wow! What a great review of the new Tombstone DVD! The 15th still seems too long to wait.

George Martin

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Sean Conklin,

I dont remember which DVD I got them with but I have a book of coupons for $3.00 off of each movie in it.

TOMBSTONE

UNBREAKABLE

and the new SIXTH SENSE

so if Best Buy does there 17.99 then I will get them for about 14.99 each. not bad in my book.

Derek Duncan

Stunt Coordinator
I want to know what the deleted scenes were, and which ones are in the new cut, this is most important to me.

Derek

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I held off all this time from buying the original disk. Now I can run out and get this version.

Albert M

Stunt Coordinator
Pearl Harbor has the coupon book.
Other $3.00 off coupons inside:
Spy Kids
Remember the Titans

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
When are we going to ever see the real Director's Cut?
1/5/02 Update: I've since heard from a number of readers who have the original Tombstone laserdisc I mentioned above. Apparently, that outtakes included on it are basically the scenes were restored into the film for this new director's cut, with one exception. There is apparently an additional scene on the laser in which Billy Breckinridge (played by Jason Priestley) kills one of the Cowboys to avenge Fabian and delivers the body to Wyatt. This hasn't been restored to the new cut and it isn't available on the DVD as an outtake or deleted scene. On the laserdisc, Cosmatos also mentions the additional footage seen in the trailers (though the full scenes aren't included there) and indicates that his original cut of the film was nearly three hours long. I'm disappointed that more of this deleted footage wasn't included separately on the DVD.
3 HOURS LONG?!!
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

I wonder if we will ever see the original 3 hour version. Doesn't the director or studio realize that the same audience that will buy/re-buy the upcoming Vista version would automatically plunk down the cash to get the extended version?

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I would be interested in seeing a three hour version of this movie (I'm always curious to see good or bad deleted scenes, etc.), but more footage doesn't necessarily make the film better.

*Most* of the deleted scenes I've watched on DVDs needed to be removed from the film because they added nothing and/or hurt the flow of the movie.

Scott H

Supporting Actor
As I posted here almost a year ago now, this was never going be the version on the LD, but a new cut that has never been seen.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Scott: I read that, also, along with that I read it would be a longer cut. Hard to tell what is going to be right and wrong before the release. I have to admit though, I'm upset it wasn't the LD cut of the film, from what I heard, it was way better than the original.

Greg_C_T

Second Unit
I have to say I'm disappointed that this DVD won't include a second commentary with the stars or outtakes.

That being said, I will be at the local Wal-Mart on the 15th to buy this release. The improved audio/video on this classic makes it a must-own.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks