What's new

Any early reviews of Tombstone Vista Series DVD?? (1 Viewer)

T r o y

Supporting Actor
When can we expect any reviews for Tombstone Vista Series? I figure possibly this week.
The 15th won't get here quick enough! :)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Disney don't send out advance screeners to online reviewers, so don't expect any reviews until right around street date...

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Can't wait to finally own this movie - and you're right, the 15th can't come soon enough!

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I'm eagerly awaiting this one too. The existing release just doesn't cut it.

"Why Johnny Ringo, you look like someone just walked over your grave."

DP

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I heard this release is going to be a Dir Cut,anyone know how much longer it is that the older cut.

I love this movie but I was unsure if it was something I wanted to rebuy. I wasnt going to rebuy this title just for some extras, but if it is a longer Dir Cut I probally will.

Charles Bober

Stunt Coordinator
The Director's Edition LD is 15 minutes longer.
But for those who haven't seen the LD, here's how it goes. At the end of the film, the director, George Cosmatos introduces and explains the deleted scenes, why they were cut, and what impact they would've had on the film. In a few cases (there are 5 scenes presented), he seems a bit annoyed that these scenes were cut, as if it wasn't his decision. The 2 trailers on the LD also show some deleted scenes that Mr. Cosmatos didn't even show. He mentions that his original cut was nearly 3 hours long. That would've been something to see.
From what I remember, this upcoming DVD is set-up like the Director's Edition LD with the deleted scenes as extras (the original DVD and the new DVD list the same running time of 130 minutes). I'd prefer seamless branching so we can have the best of both worlds, the original cut and the director's cut as an option. I say this because the new edition is anamorphic with DTS and I'd like to have the option of watching either version with the added picture and audio enhancements.
But since this is my 2nd favorite western ever (behind the Duke of course), I have no complaints whatsoever :D

Derek Duncan

Stunt Coordinator
The box cover says-Tombstone Directors Cut. The footage would have to be in the movie itself.

Derek

Gavin_L

Second Unit
not any early reviews but some nice menu shots from this movie the sixth sense upcoming movies at dvdshrine.com. looks like the menus are very nice :)

AdamW

Agent
The footage has been edited into the film. Head on over to dvdshrine.com and check out the screens under the news section. The Director's message should clear that up for you.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
"Expect a review from The Digital Bits tomorrow"

That's a surprise. I thought for all intent and purpose that site went dead!

I'm looking forward to the review.

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Nice menus for both Tombstone and Sixth Sense! Can't wait for the full review and for the debut of both of these Vista DVDs.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
And the finest non-Carpenter movie Kurt Russell has been in, not counting CAPTAIN RON, which I refer to as "Snake Plissken on dope." ;)

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
Not trolling but he did quite a number of older Disney movies long before "The thing" and "Escape..."

I am dying to see the new cut of Tombstone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks