What's new

Any early looks at NORTHERN EXPOSURE Season one? (1 Viewer)

ScottRichard

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
I'm wondering if perhaps Universal did want to get this out quickly since it has been one of the titles announced to be coming a long time ago. It still would have been much better for them to have put a little more effort into it as mentioned above. I do think the price will put some people off, but I also think that the 59.99 list will be the same for all subsequent seasons. Universal just announced Magnum P.I. and The Munsters at 59.99, so It seems that may be somewhat of a standard list for their sets that are coming out. I would think the next releases will be a little better put together as far as an insert and things like that. I hope so anyway. I doubt it, but maybe they'll combine seasons 2 and 3?

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
So far the image quality is standing up, and the forced trailer is only on the first disc. Overall I'm happy with the set, but do feel it is overpriced. I hope a season two announcement isn't too far off, eight episodes can be consumed fairly quickly.

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
having watched several more episodes, the only white splotch i've seen is the one on the pilot, everything else looks good.

one question tho, is the second disc mislabeled (side one is really side two) like the first? i started watching the second disc and didn't know what episode to start with.

Craig Robertson

Supporting Actor
Thanks, Dave. we figured that it probably was wrong too, so we started off the second disc with "Russian Flu", looks like we made the right choice.:)

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
Is there actually a DVD box that one could store easily on their shelf beside other DVDs underneath that orange parka thingy?

Also, I have never seen the show but people I know really liked it. Can anyone compare the style to some similar shows I might have seen before?

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
What Jeff said. I just removed the parka and it is kept in a safe place with my Disney Treasures tins, my Total Recall Mars tin, and other various DVD-related gee-gaws that don't fit on my standard shelving.

Louis C

Supporting Actor
I just can't see paying that much money for so few episodes. Thank goodness other companies decide to combine seasons 1 and 2 when appropriate.

My hope is thay they'll double dip this by combining seasons 1 and 2 (once they've milked the die-hards that is).

Casey C.

Stunt Coordinator
Bought mine for $39.99 at Best Buy.
  • What a great show -- and the video does look great!
  • Disappointed with the extras. The outtakes are good, but the deleted scenes don't add much. At least one or two commentaries would have been nice.
  • This may be kind of a snobby thing to harp on, but why no audio on the menu screens? At least put the theme song on there.

A word about the "parka" packaging: I agree that it's clever, looks good and is in keeping with the spirit of the series -- but the parka also makes it look physically more substantial, thicker. People would be much less likely to shell out $40-plus if it were packaged merely as a single-case DVD -- you'd see it on the shelf and think, "This is it? And it costs this much?" -- especially compared with all the beefy TV show releases next to it on the shelf for the same price.

At any rate, no buyers remorse here. I'm glad I bought it -- the show is just that good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks