What's new

Any completed Covers yet for Total Recall SE??? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
I know some of you were working on a cover for Total Recall SE. Please post if you have anything completed at this point.....Thanks!

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Daniel L

Stunt Coordinator
For everything I've read, it will be rated R.
Considering how violent this film was, would we need the un-rated cut? (A man's are are literaly ripped from their sockets... How much more graphic can you get?)
BTW, the rumors of the un-rated cut have been just that, rumors. No one involved with theproduction has ever said naything about it.
Daniel L

Shane Dodson

Stunt Coordinator
There is no "unrated" edition of TOTAL RECALL. The theatrical version of the film is the "director's cut." Verhoeven may have shot some more graphically violent stuff, but he never had a problem with the MPAA with it's inclusion.
It's bloody enough for me as it stands, thanks.
-S.D.

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
Then whats with the "director's cut" LD?? Has anyone seen it?
+ It was originally NC-17 but they cut it by seconds (i guess-like Robocop) so that it's still pretty violent & packs a punch,yet theres some graphic shots cut.

Shane Dodson

Stunt Coordinator
Yes, I've seen the "director's cut" laserdisc. It's the same R-rated version that was presented theatrically AND is the same R-rated version we'll be seeing soon from Artisan.
Sorry, but this movie was NOT originally rated NC-17. It always has been "R" and it will always BE an "R." Well, that is....unless Verhoeven wishes to recut the film, but there's been no indication that he wishes to do so (if he did, then that's the version we would be seeing on the upcoming Artisan SE).
Just look up the film at www.imdb.com and you'll see NO mention of an NC-17/"unrated" cut of the film. There isn't one.
-S.D.

Christina_DQ

Stunt Coordinator
Thats strange,then whats with the mention in the Fangoria articles on Starship Troopers may be getting a NC-17,then they(Ver. & crew) mention Robocop & Total Recall as also getting those ratings?

Perry Sun

Grip
The completed cover is as shown on this page:
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articl...omingart3.html
It is unconventional, to say the least. The planet Mars depicted is actually a tin can, which houses the DVD itself and a few circular inserts. The DVD sits on a piece of circular foam. The rest of the packaging is a thin cardboard structure that holds the can.
Incidentally, the cover for "Basic Instinct" is also unconventional. The plastic casing is translucent blue. The DVD also sits on a piece of circular foam, but the case snaps pretty tightly to keep the disc securely seated on the foam. The ice pick shown is actually included, in the form of a novelty pen.
------------------
Movie Sound Editor,
Widescreen Review
www.widescreenreview.com

jez

Stunt Coordinator
Might have mine at the weekend so i'll let you all know. along with alittle review :)
Cheers
------------------
"You've done a man's job sir. I guess you're through"
My reviews

Nigel McN

Supporting Actor
Perry, I believe thats why Jeff was asking if anyone had completed a new replacement cover for it (to fit a conventional case)

Ivan Berisic

Stunt Coordinator
Total Recall DID get an NC-17. I read an interview with Verhoeven once and he mentioned that Hollow Man is the only movie that got a clean R rating.
------------------

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
I'm waiting for finish my cover until I actually have the new SE, as I'd like to incorporate some elements from it in my design. I'll have them uploaded to Link Removed as soon as I'm finished. I've added a few covers recently so you might want to check it out (my stuff is gallery #4)
------------------
My DVD collection
[Edited last by Matt DeVillier on August 22, 2001 at 11:04 AM]

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
Now is the "unconventional" case the only one available?
Or is it like the Anchor Bay tins, where a "normal" keep case version was also released?
I really want this disc, but I don't care for the odd case at all...
------------------
rfloto1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks