What's new

Any CD mastering software support HDCD??? (1 Viewer)

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Like to create HDCD? I'm not really sure what the real technical format behind HDCD is, but most major editing software will support 20bit and higher sampling rates to create the higher res raw files.

I don't know of one that can create a HDCD CD-R, although I'd bet ProTools has a function available to do it.

-Vince

Scott Pagac

Stunt Coordinator
I am by no means a Pro-Tools guru, but I do not believe it has any CD creation abilities. Its real purpose is to record, mix, edit, and creat audio files (several formats available). As far as I know, you are on your own once those files are created.

I can create a 24bit mix, but in order for the file to be seen by my CD-burning software, I have to bump it down to 16bit, 44KHz. There is no optioin for 20bit that I can find (unless it is available on a higher-end package or some form of plug-in). I am looking for HDCD-capable software as well, but have not come across any as of yet (at least not on the Mac side).

--Scott

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
I meant that protools probably had a function to export a format compatible with HDCD (which, if I understand correctly, actually writes the song data in two parts...)

-Vince

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Darnit. If there are any software companies out there reading who make authoring tools, it would be a nice selling point.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks