What's new

Press Release Announcing the launch of MOVIES ANYWHERE (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Oh boy

So the films that I owned on iTunes that ported over to Vudu when I merged my libraries were originally ported over in HDX

I just checked and now they are SD. :angry:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Oh boy

So the films that I owned on iTunes that ported over to Vudu when I merged my libraries were originally ported over in HDX

Something is going on as about five of my titles did the same thing while the rest have remained HDX or UHD. Those five titles suddenly located at the top of my Vudu library when I checked it on my computer. Earlier, they were buried in the list of my titles.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Oh boy

Something is going on as about five of my titles did the same thing while the rest have remained HDX or UHD. Those five titles suddenly located at the top of my Vudu library when I checked it on my computer. Earlier, they were buried in the list of my titles.
Yeah, I noticed that yesterday but decided to wait for somebody else to bring it up. I had around 50 vudu titles revert back to SD. They all remained HD in iTunes and Amazon so I can’t complain. I have a sneaking suspicion that the free HD upgrade that MA triggered was a bug and they are just now figuring out how to undo it. :(

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Apparently it’s a widespread issue as being reported on the Vudu forums.

May be permanent. Who knows.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Update.

Vudu says it a MA glitch and should be corrected today.

We’ll see.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Apparently it’s a widespread issue as being reported on the Vudu forums.

May be permanent. Who knows.
Yeah, this morning I notices some more titles and disconnected then reconnected Vudu, but they remained the same.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Update.

We’ll see.
Yeah, I seriously doubt it’s a glitch. The Vudu representative probably doesn’t understand why MA is forcing these titles back to SD, which is that we never owned the HD versions to begin with. I’m just crossing my fingers that MA won’t be able to downgrade my iTunes stuff, because that’s my provider of choice!

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
In a slightly related manner I got the following email from iTunes today:
Dear iTunes Customer,

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is now available in 4K HDR. Because you already own this movie, we have automatically added this newer 4K HDR version to your Library.

Now, the magical world in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone will appear more lifelike than ever. 4K gives you a crisper picture using four times more pixels than standard HD. High Dynamic Range (HDR) delivers brighter, more realistic colors and greater detail.

To watch this movie, go to your Library in the Apple TV App on your Apple TV 4K.

To learn more and find additional movies available in 4K HDR, visit the iTunes Movies Store.

Regards,

iTunes Support Team
http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww/

Anyone else ever gotten something like this?

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Update.

We’ll see.

Yeah, I seriously doubt it’s a glitch. The Vudu representative probably doesn’t understand why MA is forcing these titles back to SD, which is that we never owned the HD versions to begin with. I’m just crossing my fingers that MA won’t be able to downgrade my iTunes stuff, because that’s my provider of choice!
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle! It was indeed a glitch that has now been corrected. All my Vudu titles have been restored to their HD status.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Some of you will find this article interesting.

According to the MacRumors website, “Apple has updated its iTunes Store on iOS devices and the Apple TV with plenty of 4K movies ahead of the launch of the Apple TV 4K, but has made clear in a recent support document that 4K content from Apple can be streamed, but not downloaded directly on a device. According to Apple, customers can download a local copy of an HD movie … but 4K movies are not available for download and thus can't be watched without an Internet connection. … That means customers who have had their previously purchased iTunes movies upgraded from HD to 4K at no cost can stream those movies in 4K, but can only download HD versions. Newly purchased content is also restricted from download.”

http://www.homemediamagazine.com/tks-take/industry-should-simplify-uhd-awareness-focusing-4k-disc?utm_source=homemedia&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=hmmdaily_11_20_2017&utm_content=industry-should-simplify-uhd-awareness-focusing-4k-disc&mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWWpVNVpUaGhPVFEwTkRFNSIsInQiOiJsUHQ3S3lYZEdtVWk2aXJcL1NcL0RnUXBIMWRTT2xOenJ4RVFSTHdsN2t4c3RDSTVjRVBCYXlDWHM4cUFNSjdtd2JXZWM4S2pzdUVaSjRORlwvbU04eElmZ2xkK3BKSWRRMXJxSzZPMHEyREZrYklrQTlcL2xXM25WVE1rMU1pUVwvZjJhIn0=

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I was culling a few discs from my shelves and came across Rise of the Planet of the Apes. This set had the old digital copy that came on a disc. I decided to go ahead and pop in the disc and transfer it to iTunes on my PC. I was surprised to find later that, while iTunes only shows this as available locally on my PC (i.e. not in their cloud), it showed up in both my Amazon and Vudu libraries as me owning the SD version. I had tried the same thing a while back with Iron Man 2, but the only place it appears is within iTunes on my PC -- it is nowhere to be found in my online libraries.

Don't you just love the consistency of this system?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks