What's new

Press Release Announcing the launch of MOVIES ANYWHERE (2 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I was culling a few discs from my shelves and came across Rise of the Planet of the Apes. This set had the old digital copy that came on a disc. I decided to go ahead and pop in the disc and transfer it to iTunes on my PC. I was surprised to find later that, while iTunes only shows this as available locally on my PC (i.e. not in their cloud), it showed up in both my Amazon and Vudu libraries as me owning the SD version. I had tried the same thing a while back with Iron Man 2, but the only place it appears is within iTunes on my PC -- it is nowhere to be found in my online libraries.

Don't you just love the consistency of this system?
It bothers me to no end as the industry keeps shooting itself in the foot on they roll out formats and technology.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Believe me, as a disc collector who hasn't ever done a single thing with a digital code,...
I've redeemed my digital codes (with the idea of "why let them expire?") but I gave my password to a friend to use. I've literally never watched a second of a digital copy and now that I think about it, I don't even know if my friend has ever watched anything on there either. Still, I guess it's there if I ever want it though.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I’m still pissed that there is no way to upgrade an iTunes movie to 4K if you already own the HD version( other than somehow obtaining an iTunes digital code). You would think that Apple would have figured it out.

Nope

Even Vudu allows you to.

Frustrating because there are 4K titles I don’t own on sale for $7.99 right now on iTunes that I can’t purchase. :angry:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I’m still pissed that there is no way to upgrade an iTunes movie to 4K if you already own the HD version( other than somehow obtaining an iTunes digital code). You would think that Apple would have figured it out.

Nope

Even Vudu allows you to.

Frustrating because there are 4K titles I don’t own on sale for $7.99 right now on iTunes that I can’t purchase. :angry:
Can we delete them from your iTunes account then buy the 4K title for $7.99?

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Redeemed both Lincoln and Chronicles of Narnia: Voyage of the Dawn Treader via iTunes Digital Copy discs. Both movies populated thru MA to Vudu, Google, and Amazon.

iTunes and Google gave me HD.
Vudu only gave me SD.
Amazon is unknown, since they don't have the ability to show that info on their app or website.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I just bought a title in Vudu, Roman Holiday, but it isn't showing up in my Movies Anywhere library. MA also doesn't list it as a title to buy, so is that the issue?

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
That's the reason? Gah!

Edit: I guess I realize now it's because they aren't a participating studio...in just about anything.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I got cars 3 UHD as a BF promo. I just redeemed on MA and it redeems in HD, do I have to call to get it fixed or it is supposed to be that way? BOTH iTunes and Vudu are showing HD.

Fox's Bridge on River Kwai redeemed in 4K on iTunes and HD on Vudu. I redeemed it on Fricking Vudu.

I hate this shit, I really do.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
I got cars 3 UHD as a BF promo. I just redeemed on MA and it redeems in HD, do I have to call to get it fixed or it is supposed to be that way? BOTH iTunes and Vudu are showing HD.

Fox's Bridge on River Kwai redeemed in 4K on iTunes and HD on Vudu. I redeemed it on Fricking Vudu.

I hate this shit, I really do.
Cars 3 is supposed to be HD, Disney did a reversal after they set a precedent with their first two UHD titles. Although when I called Disney's support, they said that they were getting flooded with calls about it, and if they continued to get calls, the folks in marketing may change their minds (again) and give everyone the UHD version who bought the UHD disc. If you have the time, I'd call Disney and complain.

Don't you mean Sony for Bridge on the River Kwai? And yes, that's going to be HD on Vudu because that's the highest resolution they offer for that title as of right now.

I'd really like to know why two titles I redeemed from older iTunes codes (Lincoln and Chronicles of Narnia 3) redeemed as HD on iTunes and Google, but only SD on Vudu.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Bah yeah, I turned in an HD Fox that I didna bitch about, got confused. Will call Disney tomorrow.

Makes sense on Kwai. VERY grainy on iTunes, I don't think the 4k does it justice there.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I'd really like to know why two titles I redeemed from older iTunes codes (Lincoln and Chronicles of Narnia 3) redeemed as HD on iTunes and Google, but only SD on Vudu.

Don't have the answer for you other than it's probably some glitch/bug since my old iTunes codes for those 2 did transfer to Vudu as HD when I finally redeemed them around mid-Oct roughly a week after this all went live. I also just tested on Amazon (via web browser), and both seem to run in HD.

Probably need to complain to Movies Anywhere and see where that leads?

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks