What's new

Press Release Announcing the launch of MOVIES ANYWHERE (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
I added my accounts.
i noted that some titles are not showing??
James Bond films for one??

Is this a known issue that will be corrected later?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Linked my iTunes, Disney Movies Anywhere, Amazon Video and Vudu accounts. The Disney titles showed up immediately, which is no surprise given that it's basically the same platform. The five free movies for linking to at least two retailers also showed up immediately. So far neither my Amazon nor my Vudu titles are showing up. However, Vudu's already showing the Movies Anywhere freebies, which is nice.

I noticed my TV titles are only showing the Ultraviolet logo still. I'm guessing this new platform is for films only? If so, I hope Ultraviolet doesn't shut down completely. I find the digital copies more useful for TV seasons than for feature films, if I'm binging something and don't feel like getting up to swap discs.

Is there a special place in iTunes to view your Movies Anywhere titles, or is it only through Apple TV?

Are Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM sticking with Ultraviolet?

Goodbye optical media! This is the future. There's enough studios on board to make this a crowning service.

...and I am speaking for the average consumer. The collectors, such as us, will continue to buy disc media for as long as it lasts. However, I think the beginning of the end had started long ago.
I don't think you'll see optical media die out until Fios-quality broadband is available universally, even the really rural areas. Places like Alaska still have thriving video stores for the same reason.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
All the titles should be merged in iTunes. They don't care where you got it from.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
This is the BEST!!! All my HD Ultra Violet movies will stream via iTunes now in 4k! Wonderwoman , the Batmans, all the DC flicks, Goodfellas, etc. etc I will save so much money now not buying 4k discs. Thanks you Disney and iTunes or whoever is responsible for this. All my movies are now centralized and available now. And you can redeem digital codes in one place now.
Makes no sense to buy 4K discs anymore if you use iTunes!
This changes EVERYTHING.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This is the BEST!!! All my HD Ultra Violet movies will stream via iTunes now in 4k! Wonderwoman , the Batmans, all the DC flicks, Goodfellas, etc. etc I will save so much money now not buying 4k discs. Thanks you Disney and iTunes or whoever is responsible for this. All my movies are now centralized and available now. And you can redeem digital codes in one place now.
Makes no sense to buy 4K discs anymore if you use iTunes!
This changes EVERYTHING
4K streams are nice, but they still don't look as good as 4K discs. Furthermore, they still need to address enhanced audio formats like Dolby Atmos.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
4K streams are nice, but they still don't look as good as 4K discs. Furthermore, they still need to address enhanced audio formats like Dolby Atmos.

Well they certainly look better than HD or Blu-ray discs plus are FREE- so NO complaints here. Plus no need to spend an additional $25 for a very slight upgrade from the streaming 4K version.
This will definitely cut into sales of 4K discs.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Well they certainly look better than HD or Blu-ray discs plus are FREE- so NO complaints here. Plus no need to spend an additional $25 for a very slight upgrade from the streaming version.
This will definitely cut into sales of 4K discs.
If it meets your expectations then so be it, but I want the best audio and video presentations available to consumers. With that said, I don't understand your additional $25 comment.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
If it meets your expectations then so be it, but I want the best audio and video presentations available to consumers. With that said, I don't understand your additional $25 comment.
Probably $25 you don't need to spend buying a UHD disc if the 4k stream you get for free is good enough for you.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Probably $25 you don't need to spend buying a UHD disc if the 4k stream you get for free is good enough for you.
Has anybody received a 4K stream for free without buying a disc? As I'm confused, are titles you have in your digital collection automatically getting upgraded to 4K if one exists?

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel

Easy: I bought the Blu Ray of whatever which had a digital copy which redeemed as HD. iTunes with my new 4K Apple TV gives me a FREE upgrade to stream HD movies at 4K resolution (as available). The average 4K disc is $25 at least at the best buy/amazon prices I've seen- which now I will not be spending. So my 4K spending is now on hold if not caput for all of the titles in my vast library. NO need for another upgrade buy.

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
If you purchased the blu-ray and got a code for HD with iTunes you now get a 4K stream without any additional purchase.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Easy: I bought the Blu Ray of whatever which had a digital copy which redeemed as HD. iTunes with my new 4K Apple TV gives me a FREE upgrade to stream HD movies at 4K resolution (as available). The average 4K disc is $25 at least at the best buy/amazon prices I've seen- which now I will not be spending. So my 4K spending is now on hold if not caput for all of the titles in my vast library. NO need for another upgrade buy.
Are you sure about that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks