What's new

Press Release Announcing the launch of MOVIES ANYWHERE (3 Viewers)

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
This crap is time consuming, I rather watch movies even if it means pulling out the actual damn discs.:rolleyes: Of course, I just finished disconnecting and reconnecting Vudu, iTunes and even Google Play.
LOL. For me its a bit of a time saver. It's nice to be able to see more of my movies in one place. It may not be perfect, but its better than it was last week :)

turns2stone

Agent
Real Name
Sam
Probably because it’s not available in 4K currently on iTunes. Maybe it’s a glitch.

Yeah, Baby Driver was 4K via iTunes last week. But I just looked in the iTunes Store, and it's no longer available in 4K.

I just redeemed my code that came with my 1984 UHD Ghostbusters disc thru MA and it now shows as 4K in iTunes.

I don’t see The Fith Element as available in 4K on iTunes tho??

Correct, Fifth Element has not been available to redeem anywhere in 4K. I am hoping the code I already redeemed will be updated by Sony at some point, then port over to iTunes as 4K. The Sony site shows I own it in my Library as 4K + HDR.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Can anyone state any kind of disadvantage with all this?

I can’t.

Goldie

Grip
Real Name
Ruby
Hi Again Tino,
Yeah, it took me a long time to get through. Just checking my phone now I had to redial due to a busy signal 43 times, and when I got through I was hold before getting to the tech support queue for 56 minutes.

When I finally got through the lady I spoke to was named Chelsie. She was very helpful but did tell me that their technicians are having issues with titles porting to iTunes and are working on a solution, there is no estimated time of completion.

Case in point, this afternoon I bought a title via the Movie Anywhere site, it showed up on Vudu in about 5 minutes but it still is not in my iTunes.

They are obviously still working out some bugs.
Anyway hope this helps.

How did you get this working in Canada ? Is it working through a roku ?

turns2stone

Agent
Real Name
Sam
If it helps anyone, I was able to link up UK Ultraviolet codes to my MA account. With a VPN, just change the myuv.com site to UK, then you can redeem and link back.

Warner Bros UV overseas codes are a bit trickier, since it wants you to use Flixster, which is normally not available in the US. So with a bit of trying, I did get a French UV code of Game of Thrones to show up in my US VUDU site. Of course it's not coming over to MA, but maybe one day.

Goldie

Grip
Real Name
Ruby
Not that I have anything working , being in Canada, but I am wondering,

I don't have a DMA account. I only have one Disney title and when I went to redeem the code it said I had to do it
on Cineplex as they were no longer a part of the UV. So I have one title at Cineplex.
Is Cineplex different than DMA ? If DMA is going away, will Cineplex be going away , or joining this MA ?

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
I was finally able to get my Sony titles to show up in iTunes and Movies Anywhere by disconnecting VUDU from my Movies Anywhere account and then reconnecting them. I read that tip in a different forum.

That also brought Batman v Superman (both extended cut and theatrical cut) into my iTunes library. Finally.

At this moment in time, NOT counting Lionsgate and Paramount titles, the ONLY UV-only code title that populated in Vudu but hasn't shown up in either Movies Anywhere or iTunes is 'Creed'. It is an MGM/Warner Bros. title. I guess MGM hasn't signed onto participating in Movies Anywhere. So, apparently, Lionsgate and Paramount aren't the only holdouts.

'Creed' isn't available AT ALL at Movies Anywhere (not even to buy).

Mark

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
It would be helpful (and faster) if iTunes on my COMPUTER showed which titles are available in 4K. Granted, I haven't upgraded to High Sierra yet (don't plan to anytime soon either) and I'm running iTunes 12.6.2, not the newest 12.7. I still need the ability to control iOS apps within iTunes (something iTunes 12.7 removes). So, I'm, stuck at 12.6.2. Maybe 12.7 will show which films are available in 4K.

Mark

turns2stone

Agent
Real Name
Sam
Maybe 12.7 will show which films are available in 4K.

Mark

It does.

Baby Driver is not listed on the iTunes Store on Mac as being available in 4K.

Attachments

• itunes 4K.jpg
    itunes 4K.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
The only disadvantage I see so far is your gloating about not having problems when others are.

Mark
I’m surprised at you Mark. That’s very insulting as I was not gloating in the least and was only trying to help and state what I was experiencing.

Whatever dude.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I just redeemed my first movie via the Movies Anywhere portal: the Target-exclusive Blu-Ray for Spider-Man: Homecoming. The movie instantly appeared in Vudu at HDX quality, and showing both the Movies Anywhere and Ultraviolet logos. I hopped over to iTunes and it also immediately showed as purchased, in HD quality. I don't have an AppleTV 4K, so I'm not sure whether it'd be available to stream in 4K using that.

So the core functionality now appears to be working correctly for me. A new wrinkle though; the Movies Anywhere portal now only displayed black rectangles where the cover art used to be. So the only way I can figure out which movie is which is by hovering over one of the black rectangles and seeing what URL it points to.

There must be lots of issues on this new service because as of this morning phone and chat support have been removed from their help page.
Phone and live chat support is still available, but instead of being directly listed on the website they've buried it in a support article:
How can I contact Movies Anywhere Customer Care?

It'll be interesting to see if they make those options more prevalent again after this initial round of SNAFUs passes.

Last edited:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I just redeemed my first movie via the Movies Anywhere portal: the Target-exclusive Blu-Ray for Spider-Man: Homecoming. The movie instantly appeared in Vudu at HDX quality, and showing both the Movies Anywhere and Ultraviolet logos. I hopped over to iTunes and it also immediately showed as purchased, in HD quality. I don't have an AppleTV 4K, so I'm not sure whether it'd be available to stream in 4K using that.

So the core functionality now appears to be working correctly for me. A new wrinkle though; the Movies Anywhere portal now only displayed black rectangles where the cover art used to be. So the only way I can figure out which movie is which is by hovering over one of the black rectangles and seeing what URL it points to.

Phone and live chat support is still available, but instead of being directly listed on the website they've buried it in a support article:
[SIZE=[URL]https://help.moviesanywhere.com/hc/...ntact-Movies-Anywhere-Customer-Care-]How[/URL] can I contact Movies Anywhere Customer Care? [/URL]

It'll be interesting to see if they make those options more prevalent again after this initial round of SNAFUs passes.
I did the same Adam with my 3D Spiderman Homecoming. It appears in iTunes as HD. Did you redeem a UHD code?

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I did the same Adam with my 3D Spiderman Homecoming. It appears in iTunes as HD. Did you redeem a UHD code?
Nope, just a regular Blu-Ray code -- so I didn't expect UHD. I've had a couple pleasant surprises where it came through as UHD with Ultraviolet, but if I get HDX I figure I'm getting what I paid for.

But I thought I read somewhere that all HD titles in iTunes with a 4K version available would stream automatically in 4K on the new AppleTVs.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Nope, just a regular Blu-Ray code -- so I didn't expect UHD. I've had a couple pleasant surprises where it came through as UHD with Ultraviolet, but if I get HDX I figure I'm getting what I paid for.

But I thought I read somewhere that all HD titles in iTunes with a 4K version available would stream automatically in 4K on the new AppleTVs.
If you already owned a film in iTunes in HD and there is a 4K version available, you are upgraded automatically. I think it only applies to previous purchases and not to new redemptions....unless it’s a UHD code you’re redeeming.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Agreed, the title Movies Anywhere , very misleading name..

It refers to DEVICES AND SERVICES access anywhere. Not countries. As soon as Canada gets a hollywood you guys might be treated as equals but until then you have to understand that there are ridiculous legal, economical and other factors that make it completely sensical that services will start in the country of origin and roll out from there. In the grand scheme of things the only claim Canada has here is relative location, many many other countries are economically more important to these services than you are.

Baby Driver is not listed on the iTunes Store on Mac as being available in 4K.

Having purchased Baby Driver in 4K on iTunes I assure you it's there on Apple TV.

Anyway. I have an Apollo 13 code to turn in, 4k. From Universal. I should redeem this on iTunes right?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks