What's new

And the Metroid Fusion/Prime Connectivity Features Are... (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
In addition, by completing Metroid Fusion and by linking both games, players can unlock the original NES version of Metroid, which will use the GameCube memory card save feature instead of the original password system.
I take that to be a yes, you need to have Fusion and a GBA to unlock these features.

Andre F

Screenwriter
Hmmmmmm.....this may just make me have to get both versions. I have not been using my GBA much lately though...

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Nice! Might have to actually buy one of those cables now... Wonder if there's any other improvements to the original besides the saving system?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
They'll probably fix some of the slowdown issues the original had, and I wouldn't be surprised if they spruce up the graphics a little by making them higher resolution or something, but I think the main gameplay will be the same.

RobP

Stunt Coordinator
Thats sounds pretty stupid to me. Why couldn't they just give the original metroid as a bonus anyway. Whats the point of having to connect it to a Gameboy?

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Thats sounds pretty stupid to me. Why couldn't they just give the original metroid as a bonus anyway. Whats the point of having to connect it to a Gameboy?
My thoughts exactly. I bet you can unlock it without having the gba. Why would they put an extra game on the disc, then make someone spend money for a gba and the gba metroid game? Seems like a sneaky way to get people to spend more money.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Why would they put an extra game on the disc, then make someone spend money for a gba and the gba metroid game?
Considering more people have GBAs than GCs, it looks like they're just trying to get you to buy both games. It's a little incentive to buy both of them. And besides, it's a BONUS feature, which means it's not required for the game experience.

You could just borrow a friend's GBA with a completed copy of Metroid Fusion.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
You could just borrow a friend's GBA with a completed copy of Metroid Fusion.
I don't know anyone who owns a GBA. I wish they would have kept it secret, I wouldn't feel like not buying the game then (yeah yeah, sounds stupid I know). I wasn't planning on buying it right away anyways...something about a 3d metroid just doesn't sit well...I'll wait till after its out and other test subjects...errr...people have time to play it :)

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
You can try the game right now if you're "on the fence." A playable demo is out at the gamestores and the game is a BLAST.

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Yeah I stopped by best buy a few days ago and they didn't have the playable demo yet, still had the old one with playable mario and starfox. I'll have to check again later.

Steven_V

Stunt Coordinator
:star:Metroid Fusion news:
Nintendo Europe have put up some great new footage of Metroid Fusion. Beautiful! :emoji_thumbsup:
:star:Metroid Prime news:
The Link Removed editors have received their copies of Metroid Prime and have been posting their impressions on the IGN boards.
Fran Mirabella (Cube.ign.com editor):
All the naysayers who said it couldn't be done right -- including myself -- are completely wrong said:
Phendrana Drifts, the ice area, and I see a sheet of ice blocking a hole that leads downard. After scanning it, you realize it must be melted. It was a very long time before I returned to explore that pathway. This is one example of at least 100. You see so much -- grappling hooks, spiderball tracks, ice beam, etc, etc. -- that you realize you must return to later.
source: IGN Boards (IGN Insider only)
Nice! :D It's great to hear that the jumping elements of the past Metroid games are present and actually do work in the first person perspective. The 18th is going to take an eternity to get here. :laugh:

Mike_G

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
:eek:
I'll have to start Bloodrayne and finish GTA:VC before then!!
Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.