What's new

Anchor Bay Wishlist (1 Viewer)

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Pioneer in Japan put out a very nice 2.35 WS LD of MAP... a few years ago...
I would also like to see a decent version of THE NAVIGATOR...
------------------
[Edited last by Mark_TS on July 18, 2001 at 02:41 PM]

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Santa Sangre
The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With the Sea
El Topo
Tras El Cristal (In a Glass Cage]
La Residencia (The House That Screamed)
Twisted Nerve
The 7th Continent
71 Fragments of a Chronology of Chance
Benny's Video
The Company of Wolves
The Nightcomers
The Baby of Macon
Code Unknown
Who Can Kill a Child?
Who Killed Pixote?
Eyes Without a Face
Deep End (1970)
The Comfort of Strangers
White of the Eye
The Kingdom
The Kingdom II
Paradise Lost: The Child Murders of Robin Hood Hills
Prospero's Books
The Belly of an Architect
Drowning By Numbers
Flesh + Blood
Leolo
El (This Strange Passion)
The Shout
Heavenly Creatures
and more Hammer (and how about some Amicus films)
I'm sure that I can think of some more...
------------------
Link Removed

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Bill McA
Since this will be sent to the studio, you should only pick 5 titles as requested by Ken_Jones.
Thanks

Bill McA

Senior HTF Member
Since this will be sent to the studio, you should only pick 5 titles as requested by Ken_Jones.
Oops, I appear to have overlooked that little detail
blush.gif

Why is 5 the magic number...30 is better :)
If it must be 5, then...
Santa Sangre
The Baby of Macon
Prospero's Books
The Company of Wolves
Deep End (1970)
------------------
Link Removed

DeanKap

Auditioning
Dinner for Adele (very funny, campy Czech fantasy)
Delicatessen
Bloodstained Butterfly
Hands of the Ripper
Company of Wolves
Santa Sangre
La Residencia (The House that Screamed)
House with the Windows that Laugh
Perfume of the Lady in Black

Lafe F

Second Unit
1. Witchboard (Scary Ouija Board movie)
2. Ten Who Dared (1960 Disney Live Action)
3. Kidnapped (1960 Disney Live Action)
4. Walker (Peter Weller's Cinematic War Historical)
5. Turn of the Screw (1992 version directed by Rusty Lemorande)
[Edited last by Lafe F on August 02, 2001 at 07:03 PM]

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
Just a note to say that I've amended my list on page 1 of this thread, due to MGM no longer having the rights to a favorite British genre title of mine, so I'm hoping that Anchor Bay will take up the slack.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
DELICATESSEN (Miramax rel. by Paramount Home Video)
MAP OF THE HUMAN HEART (nice to see other people love this as well!; Miramax rel. by HBO)
DROWNING BY NUMBERS (Miramax/Prestige rel. by LIVE
FROM BEYOND (Empire Films rel. by Lightning Video)
DUST DEVIL (Miramax/Millimeter rel. by Paramount Home Video)
The Belly of an Architect was a Hemdale release, so I don't know if that will work, unfortunately. Same goes for other great titles like Miracle Mile (Hemdale on HBO Home Video) and Near Dark (DEG on HBO Home Video) that would be best served by Anchor Bay.
[Edited last by Mark Cappelletty on July 18, 2001 at 10:58 PM]

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Just give me The Ninth Configuration and Santa Sangre and I'll be a very happy camper!
Come on guys, let's see some more votes for TNC! Pretty please? :)
------------------
thirdman.gif

"Death's at the bottom of everything, Martins - leave death to the professionals!"
"Mind if I use that line in my next Western?"

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
The Hemdale titles you mentioned are in fact owned by MGM; they just recently released BELLY OF AN ARCHITECT on VHS.
NEAR DARK, as a former DEG title, is well within the possibility of an Anchor Bay release. I'm surprised though that they have not announced it alongside all the other DEG films they have issued. Perhaps they're hoping to lure Kathryn Bigelow and Bill Paxton for participation.
FROM BEYOND I am not so sure on. This reteaming of Yuzna and Gordon has never gotten the deluxe treatment that RE-ANIMATOR received, and that's probably because Empire had stronger rights to it than RE-ANIMATOR. So it very well could either be held by Band's Full Moon company, or in the package of Empire films that went from them to Trans World to Polygram to MGM.
------------------
"As I looked back over my life, I realized that I enjoyed nothing--not art, not sex--more than going to the movies." -- Gore Vidal

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
1: Near Dark SE
2: The Hitcher SE
3: The Hills Have Eyes SE
4: Night of the Creeps SE
5: Alligator SE
Also, I've seen that Anchor Bay has gotten the rights to Society and The Initiation. Anchor Bay, PLEASE make these two movies special editions! Please!

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
1. Delicatessen
2. Meet The Feebles
3. Santa Sangre
4. Werner Herzog shorts compilation, especially "The Great Ecstasy of Woodcarver Steiner"
5. Zombie re-release

Kevin McCorry

Stunt Coordinator
Scott of the Antarctic (1948)
The Shape of Things to Come (1979)
The Projected Man (1967)
Starcrash (1979)
The Martian Chronicles TV miniseries (1979)

joseph D

Auditioning
i'd like to see: THE BOY WHO CRIED WEREWOLF
DON'T BE AFRAID OF THE DARK
DEATHDREAM(AKA DEAD OF NIGHT)
THE HILLS HAVE EYES PARTS 1 AND 2
THE BOOGENS
those would be great to see on dvd

Jodee

Screenwriter
I thought DROWNING BY NUMBERS is an Artisan title? I believe they put out the most recent VHS release.
I'd love to see this film released on DVD.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Jodee,
You're right that Artisan currently (still?) has the video rights to Drowning By Numbers, but it's been suggested that the rights to that and other early (1988-1993) Miramax titles are reverting back to Miramax, who in turn is licensing them to Anchor Bay (at least that's what apparently happened with Cook, Thief; Strapless; etc.).
I'd love to see a really good transfer of The Piano, too.

TimSniffin

Stunt Coordinator
After looking at the possible titles Anchor Bay could get (there's so many!), the five I'd like to see are:
1. The Plague Dogs--Martin Rosen's other animated movie based on a Richard Adams novel. This was independently produced and released, and the video has been long out of print. The film is darker, bleaker, better animated, and more powerful than Watership Down. Possible extras--commentary by Rosen, interview with Adams, production art, character sketchbook, making of documentary, trailer.
2. The Navigator: A Mediaevel Odessey--a special edition is in order for this great little movie, especially in light of the horrible pan-and-scan version released by Hen's Tooth. Possible extras--commentary by director Vincent Ward, storyboard montages (like on Supergirl DVD), still gallery, trailer.
3. Lunatics: A Love Story--an independent, strange romantic comedy directed by Josh Becker (Thou Shalt Not Kill...Except and Running Time, both released by ABay) and starring Ted Raimi, Deborah Foreman, and Bruce Campbell. The movie has never even been released as a sell-through video. Possible extras--commentary by Becker, Campbell, and Foreman; outtake reel; still gallery; trailer; talent bios.
4. Miracle Mile--I know this is a Columbia title, but it was also distributed by Hemdale, from whom Anchor Bay has licensed movies before. An extremely underrated science fiction film. Possible extras--commentary by writer/director Steve De Jarnatt and actor Anthony Edwards, still gallery, any deleted scenes still surviving, trailer.
5. The Company of Wolves--its been mentioned before, but it deserves mentioning again. Possible extras--commentary by director Neil Jordan, special effects featurette, storyboard montages, archive interview with author Angela Carter, trailers, tv spots, still gallery.
Well, that's it. I hope the final list to Anchor Bay contains more than five titles, since there are so many good ones that aren't even mentioned yet, like Steven Soderbergh's Kafka, Richard Stanley's Dust Devils, and Aria.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks