What's new

Amps and processor volume level- what am I missing? (1 Viewer)

KevinB

Stunt Coordinator
I know I am probably overlooking something basic, but I am confounded by the following situation. I have a Outlaw 950 combined with a Sherbourn 7/2100 amp. I used to have the Outlaw combined with a Acurus 5 x 125. I bought the Sherbourn because I got an excellent deal on it. When I got the Sherbourn, I calibrated the Outlaw as per instructions, with a RS SPL meter, and had to turn the channel levels down, which I somewhat expected, but now I have to turn the main volume up higher on the Outlaw to achieve the same apparent volume output. The sound is smooth, but I am curious why I have to increase the volume level now? Any suggestions or observations? Thanks, Kevin

Yogi

Screenwriter
That tells me the Sherbourn is lower sensitivity than the Acurus. So the Sherbourn needs more voltage to drive it an equivalent level to the Acurus. Its not a problem just an amp sensitivity issue. Don't worry about it.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Not sure I’m understanding. Are you saying with the new amp you had to reduce the levels of all the channels, but then you had to turn the master volume up higher than you did before?

Of course, that makes sense, but at the same time I have to wonder why you had to reduce the levels of all the channels to begin with.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

KevinB

Stunt Coordinator
Wayne,
That's exactly what I am saying. I believe I had to reduce the channel levels because the Sherbourn is a 200 watt per channel amp and the Acurus is rated at 125 per channel.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks