1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Amp for Tempest

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam Kuhns, Jul 5, 2002.

1. Adam Kuhns

Adam Kuhns Extra

I'm going to try my hand at building a DIY sub. My plan is to make a Tempest in an Alignment setup. I don't want to spend a lot on an amp so I am thinking about using the Parts Express #300-792 156-watt amp. Would this amp be suitable for use with this kind of configuration? I'll get the 250-watt if I have to but I'd rather save a few bucks if I can (to use toward another Tempest later on [​IMG] ).

2. jeff lam

jeff lam Screenwriter

Jeff Lam
    I really recommend getting the 250W amp. It's not that much more $$$, but a lot more output.

3. Brian Bunge

Brian Bunge Producer

I agree with Jeff. The 250W amp has actually been measured at 280W, so you'd be getting at least 100W more power for around $20 more.

Brian

4. Adam Kuhns

Adam Kuhns Extra

Sounds good to me. I hadn't really looked at it that way. Thanks for the advice. [​IMG]

5. Chris Carswell

Chris Carswell Supporting Actor

Go with the #300-794 250 watt amp. It is on sale till the 14th for $120.00 so like Brian said, double your power for $20 more. That's $ well spent. I have an older PE #300-800 150 watt amp for my tempest but I have not hooked it up yet [​IMG] I will finish my sub this weekend and let you all know.