What's new

15" Tempest sonosub Question (1 Viewer)

JamesJKjr

Grip
Now that I have more or less decided on a sealed sonosub,I have a question.Almost all of the sites I have visited,do not show or ref. any sealed Tempest sonosubs.Is there a definite reason for this?I will be using my sonosub for music only,and have decided on a mid Q alignment with an 18" sonotube.As I have stated in a earlier post,my room size is 16'x22'x8' for those of you who may ask. I would like to hear other opinions on what I might use,and what might sound better. My rear space is somewhat limited hence the sonotube use,and I would like to stay with the 18" if possible.

My gear is:

Denon DP 6000 w/Magnapan arm
Camelot Technology Roundtable
Camelot Technology Phono preamp
Aragon 18K Preamp
Aragon 8008ST Amp
Green Mountain Audio Diamantes

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You may not find a sealed Tempest sonosub but you can easily find dozens of sealed Tempest examples. Shape of the enclosure has nothing to do with the sound. Most sonosubs are ported for the fact that you can easily add long ports due to the length of the sub.

Check out Tube-zilla at Audioworx. It's a great example of a sealed sonosub.

And there are hundreds of options that will sound different/better/worse depending on your goals and budget.

-Robert

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks