What's new

Looking to upgrade my current amp/sub combo (1 Viewer)

SCcobra4me

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ryan
Hi guys, been a while since I've been on here, the last time I was I had such great advice from individuals I did not need to frequent but tis the time to upgrade and looking for advice again. I believe the last gentlemen's name that helped me out was RobertJ if he still lurks on this site.

Anyways, I'm currently running a Harmon Kardon AVR247 (not now but will be upgraded later) with a Behringer EP1500 into a Exodus Tempest X2 15" sub in a 5.1 cubic foot enclosure tuned to 21hz and couldn't be happier. This sub/amp combo has been amazing and I know the Exodus is no longer available so I'm basically looking to add a second sub and know I will need more power.

I was thinking of either going with the Behringer NX3000 or Behringer EP4000 to double the power, the EP4000 might be a bit much for the Exodus being a 1000watt sub and running 2000watts into it if I'm reading specs correct so maybe the NX3000 will better suit me. But what subwoofer could I use that would be comparable?? I was thinking of going with maybe a Sundown SA15 or maybe a X15 or maybe even go with an 18"? I'm not interested in $800 subs, I'd like to keep it between $300 and $500.

Thoughts, comments, criticism, suggestions please!

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks