What's new

"American Outlaws" audio problem (1 Viewer)

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
I mentioned this in the "review" thread for "American Outlaws" but I've been over the main feature again and these are the points where the audio drops out:

It affects the DD5.1 English track ONLY afaik (but I cannot check DTS as I have no decoder)

1) Chapter 13 02:12 (00:38:59 in main runtime)

When Jesse says "that safe?" the word "safe" dropsout.

2) Chapter 23 02:56 (01:19:53 in main runtime)

When Jesse says "Oh, you're on the same train?" the words "oh, you're" dropout.

3) Chapter 28 04:00 (01:33:39 in main runtime)

During end credits the music dropsout for a second at this point.

All the audio dropputs are approx a second long.

Does anyone have any explaination for this?

Why does it only affect the English DD5.1 track?

I should add that this problem has occured on both my Sony 725 player and my PC DVD-Rom player, so it's definately a disc fault.

Hope this helps someone

Rich

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
So, has ANYONE else noticed this problem on their disc, or do I just have a defective disc?
(Maybe I'm the only person who has bought this DVD! ;) )

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
You have yet to tell us what equipment you have. That is key in helping to track down the problem.

Dan

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
Thanks Dan but I did already say what equipment I was using!

It makes no difference if I listen to the disc through the TV or via headphones conncted directly to the dvd player, or whether I listen on the PC. It is the same problem on the English DD5.1 track and (except for DTS, which I can't check) the other audio tracks are unaffected.

I just wondered if anyone else had this disc and could check with my list above??

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Richard,

I noticed the "bank" dropout. I don't recall the other ones. At first, I thought it was a layer change, but it seemed awfully early for that. Going back and watching it again, the Dolby Digital didn't collapse to a DLP mode, as is usual for a layer change. So, I would say it is a defect in the disc.

Bruce

JamesHB

Agent
Real Name
James
I checked my disc and it too had the three droputs you mention on the DD5.1 track. I noticed it on both my Sony 550 dvd player (receiver is a Sony DB930) and my PC's DVD-ROM.

I also checked the DTS track and there were no dropouts at those locations.

Luis A

Second Unit
I guess I'm the lucky one. I had no problems with AO, but I watched it in DTS, so I don't know if that makes a difference or not.:)
L

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks