What's new

Pre-Order American Flyers (1985) (Warner Archive Collection) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
WuC24OS.png

Coming this April 12th:
NEW 2022 1080p HD Master!
AMERICAN FLYERS (1985)
BD50
Aspect Ratio:16x9 2.35:1 Letterbox
COLOR
Audio Specs DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0 Surround
113 Minutes.
Includes Theatrical Trailer (HD)
“American Flyers,” Rex Reed wrote, “is a fine mixture of romance, humor and tears with action sequences among the most exciting ever captured on film. It’s guaranteed to increase the viewer’s adrenalin.” Two-time Academy Award® winner* Kevin Costner and David Marshall Grant star as brothers struggling to win a world-class cycling competition — and regain the respect and affection they once shared. The painful events surrounding their father’s death have caused a rift. To bridge the gap, both enter the Hell of the West, a grueling race through the Rocky Mountains. While training and racing together, each confronts the fear that the congenital ailment that struck down their father could suddenly strike one of them. Written by Breaking Away Oscar® winner** Steve Tesich and directed by John Badham (Saturday Night Fever), American Flyers is a dazzling, spirit-soaring spectacle.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I hate to be negative and I really like this movie so I'll be buying this Blu-ray. However, two Costner movies in the same month getting a WAC Blu-ray release that are not among his best nor most popular movies is strange to me. Especially, considering the major (MGM, RKO and Warner) movie star icons that haven't had more than one Blu-ray release in a month. I'm sure George Feltenstein will do better going forward, but I had to speak my mind.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I hate to be negative and I really like this movie so I'll be buying this Blu-ray. However, two Costner movies in the same month getting a WAC Blu-ray release that are not among his best nor most popular movies is strange to me. Especially, considering the major (MGM, RKO and Warner) movie icons that haven't had more than one Blu-ray release in a month. I'm sure George Feltenstein will do better going forward, but I had to speak my mind.

I hear yuh! I am surprised at these releases. I am anticipating that perhaps more titles will be announced this morning.

My beef is with Warner's irregular announcement schedule and the fact that titles leak to retailers in advance of official announcements which lead to speculation as to whether this is all we are getting.

JPCinema

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken Koc
I hear yuh! I am surprised at these releases. I am anticipating that perhaps more titles will be announced this morning.

My beef is with Warner's irregular announcement schedule and the fact that titles leak to retailers in advance of official announcements which lead to speculation as to whether this is all we are getting.
I am mystified why these titles have been selected considering the immense film library of Warner, MGM and RKO titles. At least I'll be saving money not buying these titles.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks