What's new

Almost Famous-Director's Cut with DTS (1 Viewer)

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
Almost Famous has been released in Japan as a 2-disc set like the US version that contains both the UNTITLEd-Bootleg Cut and the theater cut. In Japan, however, both versions get DTS tracks. Otherwise, seems like same as the U.S. release.

John O

Stunt Coordinator
Roger

Can you confirm this? Do you have this disc? Is the booklet that comes with it nice? I wish I would have known about Almost Famous before I placed my last order with cd Japan. I just pre- booked The Japanese movie Versus, Spy Kids in DTS (!) and a couple of other Japanes titles.

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
John, this is confirmed. I have the 2-disc set and have confirmed the dts track. Later today I can post the part number, price info, etc.

Didier

Agent
The french release (Zone 2 / Pal) also contains 2 discs, one with the bootleg cut, and the other one with the theater cut. English soundtracks on both are in DD 5.1 and DTS 5.1, while the french soundtrack is DD 5.1 only.
The french title is "Presque Célèbre". According to the french DVD site DVDrama, this release is superior to the US zone 1 release : http://www.dvdrama.net/fiche.php3?2009
Didier.

Richard Waller

Second Unit
B00005USPP.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

IMO, it's got a better cover than the R1 version.

Filipe Almeida Paz

Auditioning
IMO, it's got a better cover than the R1 version.
Amen!!! :D
Anyway, I still have the first region 1 release of this
wonderful movie (extremely underrateed IMHO). Have to buy
the Bootleg Cut and, before I read this thread, I only
did not know when. Now I also do not know from where...
USA? Japan? France?........

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
Richard, thanks for posting the scan of the Japanese package and discs. The release is by Columbia-Tristar. Part number is TSDD-32180. The list price is 3980 yen (about 130 yen/$)

The number of chapter stops for each version is identical to that of the Region 1 release which leads me to believe that the video transfer is the same. I hav not done a detailed comparison. The difference is the addition of DTS track on the Bootleg Cut.

The Japanese release also excludes the third disc that is audio CD that is included in the Region 1 version.

rutger_s

Supporting Actor
Filipe,

This release is an R2 Japanese release with anamorphic NTSC widescreen transfers for both films.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks