What's new

Alien vs. Predator 2 in the works (1 Viewer)

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, and my whole point is that he obviously dislikes "Alien3" for a petty reason. "Alien3" has it's problems but unlike "AvP" it doesn't look like it was made by some 14-year-old who found $50 million.

Brian Sheffield

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
I just dont see how you can assume he's got a petty reason for not liking it.

The film is pretty drab. Different strokes for different folks and all.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

Whoa! They could even take their cue from "Hell in the Pacific" and "Enemy Mine". An Alien warrior and a Predator warrior fighting each other end up getting stranded on a lone planet. They realize they have to work together in order to survive and escape... but soon strike up a romance as well. You've got action, horror, special effects AND a love story. It could be one of the top money makers.

Pete-D

Screenwriter
I think Cameron maybe was more lenient on Mostow on T3 for not having Sarah Connor, because I don't think Linda Hamilton wanted anything to do with it, given the history between Hamilton-Cameron.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Actually Hamilton specifically said she would do the film if Cameron directed, and only if Cameron directed.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

Not true. While many here hated AvP, many other movigoers enjoyed AvP so it is far from "universal". I know some here would like to believe that, but that's just wishful thinking.:D

Kain_C

Screenwriter
I hear a LOT more hatred towards AvP than T3...easily.

I think there was actual care towards making T3 a good film loyal to the legacy already established...mostly. They failed...miserably. But I think they tried.

AvP on the other hand was the product of someone who cared about nothing other than making a mindless, money-grabbing popcorn movie without a concern for advancing the franchise in a noble way. There was NO care at all; there was only the signs of dollars in the eyes of the bean-counters.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

I agree, and I think there's a good case to be made that "AvP" is the most hated sequel of all time. I don't even think "Batman & Robin" evokes as much hatred. "B&R" is more of a punchline whereas people just flat-out hate "AvP".

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member

Speak for yourself. I wouldn't go to that extreme. There is no denying that AvP is nowhere NEAR as good as the first 2 Alien movies or the Predator movies but IMO, it's not as bad as you're making it out to be.

Stop trying to make it sound like EVERY SINGLE person who saw the movie hated it because that is not the case. I liked it.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
AVP is definitely NO "Batman & Robin". As much as people hate him, I don't think Paul W.S. Anderson set out to make a bad film. He generally seemed to be a huge fan of both series and tried to remain faithful. Whether he succeeded or not, his heart I'm sure was in the right place. It's not like he put nipples on the Predators or anything.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

For such a "huge fan" he sure bashes on several aspects of the previous movies on the "AvP" unrated DVD. It's funny, he claimed that he'd had the idea for "AvP" kicking around in his head for the better part of a decade but he never mentioned it prior to getting the gig. If you actually pay attention to the comments he's made about the previous films, you can gather that he holds "Alien" and "Aliens" in high regard, except for their special effects, which he'll openly bash. He also bashes the creature effects in "Predator" but he's also quick criticize the film and to dismiss the characters. He also apparantly thought that bashing on "Predator 2", "Alien3" and "Alien Resurrection" would fool people into thinking his movie was better but as I've pointed out before, the IMDB ratings and Tomatometer score indicates that most people found his film to be inferior to the films he thought he could easily improve upon.

The moral of the story? There's no evidence that Paul WS Anderson is a fan of "both series". The only evidence of that is the "good word" of the director himself, and this is a guy who's claimed that nearly every one of his films exists in a vastly superior "director's cut", even though no "director's cut" of any PWSA film has ever surfaced.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

I couldn't agree more. I also did not hate the movie nor did I love it.

People are making this movie out to be one of the worst movies in history when IMDB shows that is is mearly slightly below average. Comparing it to Gigli makes no sense when looking at the voter breakdown.

There is a very small amount of statistical difference between the votes when comparing Alien Resurrection and AVP or when comparing Predator 2 and AVP, and yet there is ENORMOUS statistical gap when comparing between AVP and movies like Gigli and Batman and Robin.

People who don't recognize this difference either don't understand the math or are being disengenuous with the comparisons IMO

Andy

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino

You're using fanboys and fanboy sites as proof of universal hatred??

You have got to be kidding.:laugh:

No offense, but I gotta tell you Bill, your endless obsession with hating this film and trashing it and its director personally is getting really old really fast.

We get that you didn't dig it dude. Really...we get it.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor

I wouldn't say that. I love reading the same sentiment in post after post after post after post after post after post after post after post after post in the same thread from the same member :D

Whats not to love? Whats the over under till he posts the same thing again? LOL :D

Andy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks