What's new

Alien vs. Predator 2 in the works (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

Which is still pretty impressive to a Yautja, apparently. A Human killed an attacking Alien at close range, that's nothing to sneeze at.

Besides, if she had earned only part of the Yautja's respect at that point, she earned it more by killing one of her friends who had been hosted by a Facehugger and was going to die painfully, Yautja's get off on honor and she showed honor there.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

She put him out of his misery out of pity, and I don't think pity is necessarily honorable.

No matter how you look at it, you're scraping the bottom of the barrel for reasons why she would be deemed honorable or respectable by the Preds.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I don't see it that way, Bill, it started when she gave the Yautja's weapon back, then they were attacked and she, in fact, killed and Alien, doesn't matter how, she killed one. Also don't forget, these were young Yautja's on their first hunt, they weren't diciplined and her action happened to impresse that particular Yautja.

An elder Yautja with more hunting experience might have just shrugged it off and killed her anyway. And it took strength for her to shoot her freind and the Yautja saw and appreciated that.

This is a glass is half full and half empty type of thing we have here, you see the minuses and I see the pluses.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
I thought there was a great redeeming feature of this film that ameliorates some of the "overhate."

And that is that most of the humans die off very quickly, which eliminated dialog for basically the rest of the film. In my opinion, this was an excellent choice for this film. :D

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I have a question about that "Uncut" version of AVP that was released on DVD recently. What did the new cut add? Did it push it back to an R Rating? Did it make the film any better (ala Daredevil)?

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

It added footage that was wisely deleted in the first place, and the added gore was literally just that, it was the same footage from the PG-13 theatrical cut with CGI blood added on top, and it was really poorly done. The "Daredevil" director's cut essentially restores an earlier version of the film that was later compromised by studio interference. The unrated "AvP" is an obvious attempt to "fix" the movie after the fact.

AaronMan

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
Paul WS Anderson is movie cancer. Everything he touches immediately turns rotten. All of his films are crap. From Mortal Kombat to Alien vs Predator. Soldier sucked. Event Horizon sucked. All the Resident Evil films sucked. He is why Alien vs Predator is unwatchable.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Haha, I agree with Aaron. Anderson, Boll, Sommers, and Bay shouldn't even be directing traffic on a one-way street. I'm sure they'd even manage to screw up that.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
John, I couldn't disagree more with your post.

Popular opinion? Try my own opinion. Not that I need to back it up, but I can say I've never liked a movie that I've seen from any of the directors that I've mentioned.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
I'll give him credit for making Mortal Kombat entertaining. Besides that, I don't like anything the man's ever done.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

I agree. "Mortal Kombat" was very entertaining. Probably the ONLY good video game movie out there.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member

I was 13 when "Mortal Kombat" came out and I enjoyed it then but now I know better. I really think that the vast majority of people that defend it haven't watched it in a while. It's really awful. I was watching the sequel on cable last night for kicks (I had never seen it before) and while it was admittedly inferior to the original, there wasn't a huge drop in quality. Both "MK" movies are a bunch of wooden actors reciting cheesy dialogue in between battles with Power Rangers villains.

Cavan.B

Stunt Coordinator
I like MK in a campy, guilty pleasure kind of way. I'm a sucker for anything with a combo of sci-fi and martial arts; so I can see why many people don't like it. It's not a very good movie at all, but it's entertaining (to me, anyway).

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't too impressed when I saw AvP at the theaters. But it's grown on me after coming out on DVD.

I'd be interested in watching a sequel. It could only get better...right? :D

Tony Whalen

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony Whalen
Oh... I'm so excited!

AvP 2: This time..we try to fuck it up less!

:rolleyes:

Can't believe they're gonna do this... yeesh!

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
It's not fair to put Anderson and Bay in the same category as the really bad hack director as Boll. I do think Anderson is a better director than Bay (buy Bay's The Island might surprise me when I watch it on DVD this week).

AvP was a disappointment and I hope the sequel is much better (and that Anderson is nowhere near it if he wants to put out another AVP film).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks