What's new

Alien vs. Predator 2 in the works (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I was (for lack of a better word) impressed by that too. It's mean spirited and I can see how it would turn people off but I was surprised (maybe that's a better word) that they'd have scenes with stuff like that. It didn't really help or hurt my opinion of the movie though.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Well, count me in as the 2nd guy in here to really like this movie. :D

I totally agree with John's review. The movie was just brainless fun. The Predator was a total bad ass. The aliens were their usual creepy-selves. The new Predator-Alien hybrid was weird and cool. The gore was through the roof. What can I say? I'm a sucker for these type of action films.

Special mention goes to the balls it takes to kill children, pregnant women and babies! :eek:

And now for the kicker...I'll probably add the DVD to my collection when it comes out. Double :eek:

:D

Matthew_Def

Stunt Coordinator

I have no problem with brainless fun, but when poorly concieved and executed characters get in the way of that, well that's something else. I can only turn my brain off so much until I die.

Also, if they had real balls they would've shown the slaughter, and possible consumption, of the babies. It's not really ballsy, it's just these guys thinking it's cool. It didn't help that there was no tension to any of these scenes and they were about characters we care nothing for except in the most superficial ways.

There was a total copout at the end with the final showdown. They could've at least made it funny by having the predator self destruct and wipe out the town before the bomb could drop. The laugh was very much so missed.

Yea, this movie was terrible.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I dodged the rock above John. Did you? :D

It's all good Matthew. We all have our opinions and I respect yours. :)

Matthew_Def

Stunt Coordinator
I'm not saying to enjoy this film is silly or rock-throwing worthy. I can understand someone liking it. I didn't feel my time or money was wasted watching it, especially because I knew what I was getting into to. The predator was pretty bad ass, anyway. I just think this series has been squandered, and that bothers me.

If they cut out half of the main characters, introduced them more logically, and centered the the tension around the most important ones, it would've been improved and much better. It seems another go at the script could've improved the film quite a bit. Then next step would've been to get directors that know how to shoot action.

I will say I really want a Predator , though. The movie proved it could still be done, the predator came out of this mostly unscathed.

troy evans

Screenwriter
Matthew, it sounds like you have a love/hate relationship with this film :) That's a sure symptom that you've been deeply affected by this Epic Piece of.........film making.;)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I hope that with the DVD release this Tuesday others who held out on seeing this will give it a shot via Netflix or some other avenue, from what i've read we actually get to see the Predator's home world
in the unrated edition. :emoji_thumbsup:

I rewatched the first film today (along with Predator and Predator 2) and i've finally put my finger on why I don't like the Preds in the original AvP...they were too clean cut looking. They lacked that dirty and primal appearance that the first two had, too many smooth surfaces and far too much silver, in fact they almost appear to be giant machines rather than organic creatures.

Anyhoo, i'm very excited to get this this week. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks