What's new

Adire Audio Dharman...more bang for the buck than any other non-DIY sub out there? (1 Viewer)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
Well the SBB4 and EBS in the Shiva white paper both recommend the FP4 (4") vent kit. Twin 3" will have a little bit more surface area. The Dharman is 109L, the SBB4 is 94L and the EBS is 142.5L. The Dharman and SBB4 are tuned to 22hz, the EBS is tuned to 18hz.

Bottom line, the Dharman would be closer to th SBB4 in the white paper than the EBS. EBS would lose a couple dB in the over 30hz, but would gain some at 20hz on the Dharman I would think.

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Ahhhh...back to the topic!

SVS and Adire are two companies that have made MANY people happy! Leave it at that! TWO GREAT COMPANIES!

Brian Bowles

Second Unit
Bob almost everyone here has seen or knows about the Dharman. It is a quality product from a good company. The SVS costs more but has more output. As you go up in performance just a little the cost go up more than just a little more. It is kind of like comparing a regular Corvette with a Corvett ZR1. Both of these products would make almost anyone happy. They really have a different appearence and each one has a different WAF(wife approval factor). If that output of the Dharman is enough for someone then it is a good choice for the money. I wanted more output so I went with the SVS. For one reason or another more people on this forum like the SVS than the Dharman. I spoke with someone here that had both and said there were differences but both great products. It must be noted though that output is only one part of the equation. One should also consider sound quality. I think the SVS has great sound quality. It is the only one that I have heard though. I really do not think one could compare both of these products and say one is a much better value on the basis of output or price.

Michael R Price

Screenwriter
Jack - Sorry, I was thinking the CS subs had a 3" port. Doh, never mind.

Anyway... I actually thought the Dharman was tuned lower than 22 Hz. But whatever, the room response graph looks pretty good.

Too bad I won't have any significant amount of money to spend on this stuff for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks