What's new

Finally built a new sub (now whelmed) (1 Viewer)

Matt Tucker

Agent
Real Name
Matt Tucker
Glad to hear you got your sub straightened out. I bet that cutout was bouncing around inside like popcorn popping!

I was going to suggest larger ports and more power before I read you got it going. You can't have too much power for a sub... since you don't have to use it. If you ever want to try more power, consider a "pro" amplifier. They are very inexpensive, but rugged. I have a Carvin 1000W amplifier running my sealed tempest. Of course sealed requires a lot more power than ported for similar volumes.
I use to work at Carvin.... didn't like it there, but tested some of their amplifiers and was impressed that they put out their rated power. Amps from QSC and others are options also. I run the amp bridged into 4 ohms (paralleled voice coils) on the tempest to get the full power of the amp.
http://www.carvin.com/products/singl...CM1000&CID=PWA

The Tempest definitely overwhelmed me when I first heard it. It is a gut grinder!

Enjoy,
Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks