What's new

JM SW900 Subwoofer (1 Viewer)

MikeDuke

Stunt Coordinator
I will be unable to respond to questions or comments until 10/25/04.
Please, if you want post comments and I will respond as soon as I can.
Thanks Mike D

MikeDuke

Stunt Coordinator
UPDATE:

I got my sub back and the problem was identified and corrected. It turned out to be nothing more than a bunch of blown fueses. B]IT WAS NOT AN AMP PROBLEM. REPEAT IT WAS NOT AN AMP PROBLEM[/b]. I Think I know what happened. Before it happened the first time I had a major browout in my house. Everything shut down because I have it plugged into a Monster 7000. A little while after that is when it went out the first time. We replaced one fuse and assumed that it was OK. Then it falied and we put in a new amp ans thought that would cure it. But you know what happens when you make an assumtions, you make an ass out of u and umption. Any way I guess there were some fuses that were weakened on the inside as well. It was just a matter of time.

The guy at JM said that

So hopefully I will have it up and running by next weekend. This time in a corner. I will put up some comments on anything different that I notice.

Kiet

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Mike,
What was your problem with the SUB? I also had a problem with the SW900. But after servicing, it is working fine again.
I still love it....:D

MikeDuke

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Kiet.

It was just a few fuses's on the inside of the sub. After they replaced all of them it worked fine. So I almost have a 100% new sub. All new fuese's and a new amp that has not even been broken in yet. I have not connected it yet, still down stairs. But JM was definitely helpful. They wanted to make sure that everything was OK. Very satisfied with the service. I will let you know how everything goes.

Kiet

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Mike,
So what happened to the subwoofer before it was fixed? Did it not work at all? Because I had to bring mine in for service since it was having some "ticking" sound occasionally. However, after they fixed it, I don't have the "ticking" sound anymore.
The technician told me it was something loose in the parts of the amplifier.
Oh well, they fixed it pretty fast, and the subwoofer is back in action.:D

MikeDuke

Stunt Coordinator
Kiet here is the time line of what happened.
It was working perfectly since I first got it.
Then I had a big time brown out. The power dropped dramatically and then spiked. It worked after that for a little while and then it just stopped. I called up my guy and he came and looked at it. He saw that one of the fuse's was blown so he switched it out. Then it was working fine. Then about a week later it went out again. This time my guy said that it must be the amp. It sounded logical to me. So I called up the guy I know at audioplus services, he agreed that it might be the amp so I was sent out a brand new amp. My guy at the store came buy and changed it out. After he did that it worked for a few days and then it died again.

Now I was getting worried. So I called the guy at Audioplus services and told him what has happened so far. Since this sub has 5 year warranty, he said the best thing to do was to send it back so they could look at it from top to bottom. He said that he wanted to make sure that it would be in perfect working condition so I would have it for years to come.

So it was sent out to them and they looked at it. There were just some more blown fuse's inside. I think they replaced all the fuse's and it was fine. I must say that I am pleased with the service I get from them. Here is the reply I got

"Our pleasure Mike - let us know how it's working as soon as you're able.
I want this subwoofer to be in perfect working order for years and
years to come.
Our best regards - John Bevier / APS"
That was a reply Im got after I got it back.

They wanted to make sure that everything was OK. So now, hopefully next week it will get connected and I shall test it out. I will post another update then.

MikeDuke

Stunt Coordinator
We are back in buisness. Just connected tonight. Man it feels good to have bass again. I watched most of The day after tommorow. Sounded damn good to me. I will give it sometime so I can integrate it again and post updates.

MikeDuke

Stunt Coordinator
Well after some movies, I can say that this sub is still very good. It still can shake the walls and sound smooth as silk with music. The day after tomorrow sounded very nice. Just by going off of what could be called gross measurements, I feel that I am getting at least 20Hz. The Tree root scene in FOTR hits 100db(uncorected). In the matrix revolutions when the machine speakers it hits 98db(uncorrected). And one of those water explosions is close to 20 and that hit in the 90's as well. That is good enough for me right now. That was my requirement when looking for a new sub. I wanted to be close to 100db at or near 20Hz. Well I got it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks