What's new
World Wide Stereo

Additonal speakers added to a system (1 Viewer)

Jason*H

Agent
Never Mind
I swear I don't get it
some people think they know everything some people do , but what it all come down to is that most of them are just dicks out to make some one look stupid instead of helping out

728x90

DarrenAlan

Stunt Coordinator
Dude, I just wanted to know what you're after. Higher SPLs? More dispersion of sound? I think there are better ways to achieve those goals, such as more efficient speakers (if loudness is what you're after) or going from 5.1 to 6.1 or 7.1 (which would not only give you more total output, given the additional one or two speakers, but more even dispersion of sound.

DarrenAlan

Stunt Coordinator
One other thing. In two-channel music, both speakers act as point sources to create the "image" of an instrument or voice either stage left, stage right or somewhere in the middle.

If you have 2 left and 2 right speakers, for example, you will diffuse that image and it will be muddy and indistinct.

Jason*H

Agent
It's very hard to tell if some people are really trying to help or just being sarcastic. Its is amazing to me that the more some people know the more they put other people down.

Thank you
Jason

P.S.
I was going for 5.1 to 6.1 or 7.1 (which would not only give you more total output, given the additional one or two speakers, but more even dispersion of sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trackername123
Recent bookmarks