What's new

Added an amp to my system (1 Viewer)

DonnyD

Screenwriter
I've been reading about external amp adds to systems for some time now and finally had to see what I'd get if I did so. I have a Yamaha RX-V1 and it has been flawless and really handles everything well but I still just had to check out what I'd possibly get with an amp.
Well... bought an Acurus A250 from another member here and plugged in in to drive the mains.
DAMN, I couldn't believe my ears. My mains are some old L100 JBL and they just sound phenominal. Much more presence in the mids and striking high end. I run them on small so all that wattage is going where it needs to be. The biggest improvement is that the speakers remaining on the Yam internal amps seem much more dynamic. Music in 2 channel mode is much more powerful.
I can see tht my next step will be to a pre-pro setup.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Yep, that's the same thing I experienced when I bought my Parasound. It's hard to imagine going back. I ended up getting a Rotel pre/pro and that too has added greatly to my sound, but, if you ask me, the power amp made the most significant difference. I'm very happy for you.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks