What's new

ACR Viper vs Porsche 996TT (1 Viewer)

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
I know this might be a little out of place on the HTF, but I have about 10 gigs of bandwidth left for the month on my server, and figured you would all have no trouble killing it by downloading a video of an ACR Viper and a Porsche 996TT having a little go on the highway.

If this video is in any way considered unsuitable, feel free to delete it. It was the only 10 meg range file I had available on the server currently.

http://www.newfoundwang.com/files/Viper_vs_996TT3.wmv

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
Guess the viper never stood a chance
On the contrary, when they actually lined it up well and had a go, they were neck and neck. The 996 got one, the Viper got one, and then they pretty much ran side by side, with no more then a half car length difference between them. That is no ordinary Viper :)

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Seems more like it depends on the driver and key gear shifting rather than brute strength in this race.

brent- shouldn't you be saying I'd like to seem them go with a TT on the VIPER! ;)

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
That's outstanding!!! Well worth the download. Reminds me of a high speed shootout I got into with my old man. I was driving my '99 Honda Prelude (all stock, no fartboxes), and he was in his Jag XK-R. Yeah, guess who won that one. I think he was a little surpised, though, that I stayed closer than he thought.

Cam S

Screenwriter
Dam that Viper sounds niiiiice!! I'm not surprised at all that it was able to keep up with the 996TT.

David Preston

Supporting Actor
Even though Vipers are one of my favorite cars I think they sound awful. At least every one I have heard. Man that is one awesome video. I love stuff like that. When I get DSL I will be able to put some videos like that up.

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
I agree with Jeff.
Looks like the Porsche could pull away when it got good and damn ready ......just playing with Viper.

Scott L

Senior HTF Member
Stats:

2000 ACR Viper
HP: n/a V10
Torque: 500 ft-lb @ 3700rpm
Top Speed 273.6 kph / 170.0 mph
0 - 60 mph 4.2 seconds
0 - ¼ mile 12.7 seconds
0 - 100 mph 10.0 seconds
Lateral Acceleration 0.98g
Curb Weight: n/a
EPA City/Hwy 11 / 20 mpg

2001 Porsche 996TT
HP: 415 Straight or boxer(unsure) 6 @ 6500rpm
Torque: 415 ft-lb @ 2700-4600 RPM
0 - 60 mph 4.2 seconds (3.98 for MT)
0 - ¼ mile 11.92 seconds
0 - 100 mph 9.68 seconds
Lateral Acceleration 0.97g
Curb Weight: 3400 lbs
EPA City/Hwy 11 / 20 mpg

Technically speaking the Porsche is the better car, but the Viper was definitely giving him a challenge.

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
Just as a note to everybody, PLEASE do not post links to my server on other forums or webpages. SInce I posted this here, it has turned up on 3 OTHER forums, and 2 other web sites. I rationed off the last of my bandwidth for this forum ALONE, and having it posted god knows where just ends up costing me money in "above and beyond" bandwidth fee's, as well as being very inconsiderate and rude.

Thanks!

Scott Bourden

Second Unit
Thanks for the mirror! I have more then enough for the HTF, it's the distributing of my links to other forums that kills me.

Neal Siva

Agent
Damn that video is crazy!!! Where in the heck are they able to go that fast in the U.S.? People beeping the horn, that was hilarious! Can anyone give me an estimate as to how much those cars cost? Might plan on getting one :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks