What's new

About Last Night DVD........opinions please (1 Viewer)

Brian O

Second Unit
I see the price has dropped on this one. Can be had for around $10. I know it is only DD 2 channel, but how is the picture/sound quality and any other things you can think of?
Belushi had some good lines in this movie.
------------------

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
About Last Night is a pretty decent
film. Great cast.
Most memorable is that a young Demi Moore
is nude in the film.
(sorry to be so tacky, but that was the first
thing that popped into my mind about this film)
Where did you see it for $10? I may pick it up.
------------------
ronbo.jpg

Ronald Epstein (pronounced like the English "Ronald Epstein")
Circa 2000
Home Theater Forum Administrator
All forum questions & to get on our private forum mailing list (new members)... Email: [email protected]
Problems with the webpage or site? Contact WEBMASTER
Email Packy [email protected]

Brian O

Second Unit
Hi Ron,
Best Buy has it for around that price this week and also online. Demi WAS looking good in it wasnt she. :)
------------------

Scott Shanks

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott Shanks
It has an anamorphic transfer and P&S included on the disc. Widescreen Review rated the picture as 3.5/5.0 and the sound as 3.0/5.0.
I think a trailer is the only supplement.
Best Buy also has The Big Chill for $9.99 as well.
Too bad this was pre-boob job for Demi, though.
------------------

MichaelG

Second Unit
I am very happy with the transfer on this DVD. I did see it selling for $9.99 at BestBuy, and it has a new cover from the DVD that I have.

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
Most memorable is that a young Demi Moore
is nude in the film.
(sorry to be so tacky, but that was the first
thing that popped into my mind about this film)
Don't worry, Ron. The first thing that I think of when someone mentions this movie to me is the sight of a "pre- silicone" Demi Moore. :)
Actually, it's a pretty good film, although they did substantially water down David Mamet's play Sexual Perversity in Chicago in the process and include one too many song montages. Rob Lowe, Demi Moore and James Belushi all deliver some of their finest work ever. This is before Demi started taking herself s-o-o-o-o-o seriously (see G.I. Jane, Disclosure), and her performance is that much better as a result.
Link Removed

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Ron that was the only thing I could remember about this movie. Not a great movie, but there are at least two reasons for purchasing this movie.

Mike_Skill

Stunt Coordinator
Disagree on the 'no grain' comment. The outdoor scenes look great. Better than ever. However the indoor dark scenes are VERY grainy. The laser was pretty grainy as well, so I'll chalk it up to film stock. Overall the best it's been for the home yet. No brainer for $10.

I have not seen the dvd, but I thought the movie was very good. The dvd was very expensive but I'll look to pick it up now that it is MUCH more reasonably priced.
Also.........sorry gotta go my CORN NIBBLET'S are ready.....

Brian O

Second Unit
I just picked this up at Best Buy but no mention on box of being Anamorphic.

However, Amazon shows that it is but the box art is different and they show a release of just a few weeks ago. Mine has a copyright date of 2000.

Are there two different versions of this?

Brian O

Second Unit
Amazon had the exact same info including box art. Still not sure if the one I have is Anamorphic and the current version. Thanks anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks