What's new

A song request (1 Viewer)

Cagri

Second Unit
I remember hearing a song almost 10 years ago in a rock bar. I haven't been able to find out whom it belogs to since then, now that I have discovered this area of the forum maybe I can have some hint. The guy kept counting -I can't remember if it was backwards or not- numbers, it was like 38-37-36-35-.... or 35-36-37-37-38..... and it went on and on but the melody of the song was incredible. Anyone knows such a song?

James Corey

Stunt Coordinator
There's a passage similar to this in Pat Metheny's "As Falls Witchita, So Falls Witchita Falls".

I'm not sure if that's the same music, but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
There's a song by the Pet Shop Boys called 'It's A Sin' that has the sound of a NASA engineer doing a countdown to launch in the background. Then there's that seventies number 'So Many Men, So Little Time' in which chorus counts up to an impressively high number whilst a female vocalist goes on about her frenetically active sex life. Both are classics of gay disco. Just *what* sort of 'rock bar' was this, Cagri? ;)

Actually, and in all seriousness, I think I *do* know which one you mean, but I just can't bring enough details to mind (but it ain't Pat Benatar [edit - Methany, I meant to say - why did I type 'Benatar'?], I'm sure of that). Thanks for giving me something to think about on a Saturday evening :confused:

Cagri

Second Unit
Thanks for replies :)
I am pretty sure it wasn't 99BoBoW, and it wasn't Pet Shop Boys or another gay disco song :)

Actually it was quite a heavy-playing rock bar like some of the Ships in London... The singer was male, but it wasn't jazz, for sure... I'll still check that song from Pat Metheny though.

Thanks for giving me something to think about on a Saturday evening
You're welcome, I hope you recall it andrew :)

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
and it wasn't Pet Shop Boys or another gay disco song
THWAPPPP!! Using "gay" as a derogatory term, even in jest, no matter how lighthearted, is SO 1999, and makes you sound like a clueless junior high-schooler.

It's out out out, out like a light.

(Except for those who use it as a "clue" or hint to tell others they're gay and would like some company. I hear that's really big in the gay community now. If that's your thing, then carry on, sorry)

Camp

Senior HTF Member
Oh, great...the P.C. police invade the music forum.

I was more interested in the use of "gay" in the same sentence as "Pet Shop Boys". I guess saying that makes me sound like "a clueless junior high-schooler." Cool.

James Corey

Stunt Coordinator
The Metheny track is fairly eclectic and not typically what you'd hear in a "rock" bar, unless they played it after last call to clear the place out ;) ... but cool nonetheless.

Cagri

Second Unit
Oh, great...the P.C. police invade the music forum.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Please do not answer me and let's not turn this into a meaningless discussion. There is nothing 'derogatory' in either my or the other poster's posts for gays or any other people. Get a life.

By the way, I was actually high school student when Pet Shop Boys released It's a Sin :) I have never been interested in their music, or in pop/disco in general. So I may have made a mistake including their work in that category. Whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks