What's new

A Series of Unfortunate Events (1 Viewer)

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Are you reading Lemony Snicket's books? Are you lucky enough to have a 10 year old to share them with? My 6 & 8 year old girls are not quite ready for these stories, nevertheless, I have plans to buy all 8 that are available.
Heard the author interviewed on NPR's Fresh Air recently and decided I had to check out the adventures of Violet, Klaus and Sunny for myself.
Even the dedications are memorable:
[c]To Beatrice--[/c]
[c]darling, dearest, dead.[/c]
...and in the second book...
[c]For Beatrice--[/c]
[c]My love for you shall live forever.[/c]
[c]You, however, did not.[/c]
One of the later books offers;
[c]You took my breath away[/c]
[c]And now yours is gone[/c]
If this all sounds a little dark for the kiddies I should mention that the books stress loyalty and a strong work ethic, among other worthwhile lessons.
Jim

Max Knight

Supporting Actor
I love these books. I read them myself, they are so funny! I love the descriptions of the baby speaking, and how the narrator translates it.

To paraphrase:

"Gah!" Sunny shouted; by which she meant "there are many things here to bite, that makes me happy."

Jefferson

Supporting Actor
I discovered these whle working at a children's bookstore. They are fun, and a guilty pleasure.

D. Scott MacDonald

Supporting Actor
We bought these tapes to listen to on our last vacation, but they turned out to be a little dark for our kids (3 and 5). My wife has been listening to them, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks