What's new

A Plea From Thomas T (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Not that I've noticed that much. There's the Kino releases of titles that haven't had a DVD release, & one or two titles (like The Naked Prey) have been released, but so much great stuff remains unreleased. Oh well, maybe one day.
In the States, "The Naked Prey" was released on DVD by Criterion with an upcoming BD release from Criterion. Perhaps, you're thinking of a different title. I do have the UK's MOC BD/DVD release of "The Naked Prey".

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
In the States, "The Naked Prey" was released on DVD by Criterion with an upcoming BD release from Criterion. Perhaps, you're thinking of a different title. I do have the UK's MOC BD/DVD release of "The Naked Prey".

No, I was thinking of the same film. I didn't know that it hadn't been released on DVD by Paramount, so that's why Criterion are releasing the Blu-ray. But I remain hopeful that Paramount will release a lot of the films that we're waiting for, or at least license them out.

Mysto

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
marv long
As a lover of 1930's and 40's mystery series I have a list of movies that have never been released commercially in any format. So stop crying you bunch of pansies.:rolling-smiley::P

I'm joking (sort of) of course. But because so many things I want are PD or only avail at UCLA or nobody cares - each release is a gift. We all would like what we want to view but overall it is a good time to be a movie fan. There are many good things available to us. We actually have theaters in our own homes with some of the greatest product Hollywood ever produced.

Last edited:

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Ha, yes I get you. I have plenty of Warner & Paramount titles on DVD that look very presentable.

Astairefan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Neil Powell
Thanks to the fact that they license their library out, we have plenty of Paramount-owned titles across several different labels, ranging from present day flicks to the silent era. Many of these sub-licensers also pay for new transfers and restoration, on top of the license. So it kind of gets irritating to keep hearing the excuse of "too expensive" coming from a label run by the rights holder.
Except the costs for the sub-licensers are NOT the same. They couldn't be, as the way you describe things, it would be MORE expensive for the sub-licensers to release a lot of these titles than it is for the studios.

ThadK

Second Unit
Except the costs for the sub-licensers are NOT the same. They couldn't be, as the way you describe things, it would be MORE expensive for the sub-licensers to release a lot of these titles than it is for the studios.

Yes, correct.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
Oh dear :( I was hoping the absurdity of the casting would make it clear that I was just having a bit of fun. There was no such project by Minnelli at MGM and certainly not with that cast! I have that same problem in real life. I'll make the most outrageous and absurd comment with a straight face (I once told someone that Una O'Connor was a notorious nymphomaniac and Greer Garson once walked into the ladies room at a Hollywood party and found Ronald Colman and Una having sex in one of the stalls) only instead of getting a laugh, I was seriously asked what were my sources. Clearly, comedy is not my forte :) Alas, a twinkle in the eye can't be seen on the internet.

I got the joke and thought it was very funny and I was gonna point this out to Will but I'm glad I didn't because we might not have gotten this Una O'Connor story from you. You sound like a lot of fun, dude. How many people are left that you can make up a story like that with and they know who you're talking about?!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
No, I was thinking of the same film. I didn't know that it hadn't been released on DVD by Paramount, so that's why Criterion are releasing the Blu-ray. But I remain hopeful that Paramount will release a lot of the films that we're waiting for, or at least license them out.
I always confuse Naked Prey with Naked Jungle. Both are from Paramount. Prey was never officially released on DVD but Jungle was.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks