What's new

A Man For All Seasons (coming to Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Brad here. Well I had planned to wait this one out while keeping AMFAS on possible LQA watch (along with Zardoz) and making a move when TT issued a actual LQA alert (usually on their FB page). Figured quantities would last till late May.

Then our lovely Judy Geeson forced me to trash this whole strategy with the announcement of TT Special (100 copies of To Sir With Love (1967) autographed by the still-lovely Judy Geeson) for this week.

Now I had to go re-arrange my SAE cart (goodbye for now to Eating Raoul (1982) and Fire Maidens From Outer Space (1956)) with four TT titles. Three I've already chosen (which were on my TT bucket list), Zardoz, Richard III and of course A Man For All Seasons.

I'm debating the 4th between Rapture (1965) and Mississippi Mermaid (1969). Any advice on which to choose welcome. I have till 1555 tomorrow to decide. UPDATE, scratch MM for now, not till June 9th.

For the record I did note on TT's site that I wished they and SAE would make the July & August selections available now for pre-order for this promotion. I also requested that TT somehow obtain the blu-ray rights for the spy-thriller Hammerhead (1968), also featuring Judy Geeson.

I had lots of luck with those requests. Thing is though it was all bad.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
RMajidi said:
Several posters on this thread (me included) expressed hopes that AMFAS would do well in sales, as that would indicate that there are still a few around who appreciate top-quality, character/dialogue-driven filmmaking.

The TT/SAE website lists AMFAS as their top selling disc this week - a welcome and encouraging piece of news.

[AMFAS is set for release today, so some of you may have already received shipping notice from TT]
Received my shipping notice yesterday.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Kyrsten Brad said:
For the record I did note on TT's site that I wished they and SAE would make the July & August selections available now for pre-order for this promotion.
Brad, they used to do that. The promotion would be on the exact same day that preorders went live. The problem was that there was such congestion on the site with preorders that people who wanted the promotion couldn't get through and ended up missing out. I know I missed out on several that way because so many people were trying to order The Blob and such. Ever since they moved the promotion to its own date I've had no problem snagging my signed copies.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Just put my order in for A Man For All Seasons as part of the Judy Geeson/To Sir With Love promotion. Was planning on buying the 4 titles I had to buy but over the course of the next few months (easier on the bank account). That plan went out the window.

Back to enjoying my newly-purchased copy of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, Season 1 DVD set.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Kyrsten Brad said:
Just put my order in for A Man For All Seasons as part of the Judy Geeson/To Sir With Love promotion. Was planning on buying the 4 titles I had to buy but over the course of the next few months (easier on the bank account). That plan went out the window.

Back to enjoying my newly-purchased copy of The Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew Mysteries, Season 1 DVD set.
WHAT Judy Geeson promotion? I've not heard a word of it.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Dick said:
WHAT Judy Geeson promotion? I've not heard a word of it.
The giveaways are only announced a couple of days before they happen on the Screen Archives website and the Twilight Time facebook page. If you snooze you lose!

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
battlebeast said:
Mine still hasn't shipped... I wonder what's taking so long...

If you ordered multiple titles your order won't ship until all are available. There may be one title in your order holding the whole thing up. It's been reported that TT has had issues recently with duplication houses pushing some of their titles back in favor of the "big boys".

All that said, my order of AMFAS, Hombre, and Mississippi Burning just shipped!! :rock: So watch your Inbox!

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Hoping to watch the film this weekend -- for the first time ever --- and report back.

The amount of positive response concerning this film has me really psyched to see it.

trajan

Screenwriter
Real Name
lar
Ronald Epstein said:
Hoping to watch the film this weekend -- for the first time ever --- and report back.

The amount of positive response concerning this film has me really psyched to see it.
I guess I won't be watching this weekend since I was sent the wrong movie.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
trajan said:
I guess I won't be watching this weekend since I was sent the wrong movie.
That's rough! Hope that doesn't happen with my order, as it'll be another 3 weeks or so anyway before it arrives here in Oz.

There have been a few posts here overnight, which makes me wonder whether everyone is aware of RAH's super review of AMFAS yesterday. Other than for replies to specific posts here, it might be more appropriate to abandon this thread now and post comments centrally on RAH's new thread instead. This one served us well, but needs to be gracefully put to sleep now.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
RMajidi said:
There have been a few posts here overnight, which makes me wonder whether everyone is aware of RAH's super review of AMFAS yesterday. Other than for replies to specific posts here, it might be more appropriate to abandon this thread now and post comments centrally on RAH's new thread instead. This one served us well, but needs to be gracefully put to sleep now.

Per your wishes... This thread is now locked.

Here is how you can find Mr. Harris' review of the release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks