What's new

A Man For All Seasons (coming to Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I ordered the same two as Rob, also without any problems.

A Man For All Seasons was not previously a grail title for me; however, as is often the case here at HTF, I found much of the enthusiasm to be infectious.

davidHartzog

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John smith
Taking no chances, just ordered Man For All Seasons and Hombre, probably pick up Mississippi Burning later. May is a tough month, lots of fine releases. May have to go back to work to afford everything.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
No doubt you will all receive your pre-ordered copies soon after release on May 12.

Shipment to Oz usually takes 2-3 weeks for me, so I'll be eager to read your posts describing this release, while I await mine in transit.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Can't pre-order now. Money shortage. I'll pray so that stocks last for at least 10 days more. :(
A series of "if's":

If you pay by credit card, and if the product does not ship until May 12th, and if they do not charge your card until they ship - could you not (still) go ahead and place your order today?

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Dave B Ferris said:
A series of "if's":

If you pay by credit card, and if the product does not ship until May 12th, and if they do not charge your card until they ship - could you not (still) go ahead and place your order today?
From what I recall, they charge you right away.

(that is if he orders through SAE)

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Dave B Ferris said:
A series of "if's":If you pay by credit card, and if the product does not ship until May 12th, and if they do not charge your card until they ship - could you not (still) go ahead and place your order today?
A good point Dave. The following is from the AMFAS page at Screen Archives/TT. Item 4 confirms that credit cards aren't charged ("captured") until the order ships (May 12):

A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS (1966) (PRE-ORDER) (BLU-RAY)
Starring: Orson Welles, Leo McKern, John Hurt, Paul Scofield, Wendy Hiller, Robert Shaw, Susannah York
Directed By: Fred Zinnemann
Composed By: Georges Delerue
PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of May 12, 2015 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.

Hope this helps Gustavo and any others anxious to secure a purchase.

Cine_Capsulas

Second Unit
Real Name
Patrick
RMajidi said:
A good point Dave. The following is from the AMFAS page at Screen Archives/TT. Item 4 confirms that credit cards aren't charged ("captured") until the order ships (May 12):

A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS (1966) (PRE-ORDER) (BLU-RAY)
Starring: Orson Welles, Leo McKern, John Hurt, Paul Scofield, Wendy Hiller, Robert Shaw, Susannah York
Directed By: Fred Zinnemann
Composed By: Georges Delerue
PLEASE NOTE: This item has a planned release date of May 12, 2015 and is only available for PRE-ORDER at this time.
1. Orders are not shipped until complete. If you wish to receive in-stock items prior to pre-ordered items, you must place separate orders.
2. Release dates are subject to change. All dates are estimates and subject to manufacturer revisions beyond our control.
3. Order modifications. Orders can be canceled and items removed upon request. We are unable to add additional items to pending orders.
4. Payment details. Credit cards are pre-authorized but not captured until we ship the order. Check or PayPal payments are required at time of order.

Hope this helps Gustavo and any others anxious to secure a purchase.

It does.

I am placing a pre-order right now.

Thanks.

PODER

Supporting Actor
Real Name
PETER JABLONSKI
And ANOTHER pre-order for MAN FOR ALL SEASONS. Also threw in THE FANTASTICKS for my growing Musicals On Blu-Ray Collection. It'll be interesting to see if this does sell out quickly.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
In the coming days, RAH will no doubt review the Twilight Time Blu-ray of A Man For All Seasons - a review that I eagerly await, especially given his renowned ties with Robert Bolt's work on Lawrence of Arabia.

Once that happens and as members begin receiving their copies, I suggest we abandon this current thread altogether and post any and all contributions on Mr Harris' new thread.

Very keen to read everyone's take on the merits of the new Blu-ray; and of the film itself and the many lofty themes and points of interest that it introduces.

Please continue to post any AMFAS related comments here until RAH's review.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
David_B_K said:
Yes, sales of this title may well show us how small our numbers really are. Still, better safe than sorry...

"All that needless worry..." (Eleanor Parker)

This thread was created to continue conversations that began under unrelated topics re the high-end restoration and release of A Man For All Seasons. Happily, several joined in expressing their passion for AMFAS and enthusiasm for the upcoming Blu.

Along the way, this thread's viewing figures (several thousand) were well above those of many other catalogue titles from TT, pointing to a higher than usual interest in this release. Not wishing to risk anyone missing out, I tried as topic-host to ensure all here knew when pre-orders would begin.

There have been no updates on TT's pages re depleting stock levels, so it's clear that a rapid pre-order sell-out hasn't occurred. As David foreshadowed in his post quoted above, our numbers might turn out to be sadly small after all.

If you pre-ordered AMFAS against your better judgment, fearing a quick sell-out due to the buzz here, then I trust that your faith will be rewarded with a brilliant Blu-ray of a masterpiece.

[Prompted by friendly discussions under another topic]

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Several posters on this thread (me included) expressed hopes that AMFAS would do well in sales, as that would indicate that there are still a few around who appreciate top-quality, character/dialogue-driven filmmaking.

The TT/SAE website lists AMFAS as their top selling disc this week - a welcome and encouraging piece of news.

[AMFAS is set for release today, so some of you may have already received shipping notice from TT]

Cine_Capsulas

Second Unit
Real Name
Patrick
I'm eagerly awaiting reviews, even though my copy has been ordered already. Irrespective of the quality, I'm glad because it could take many years before it is released in the UK.

RMajidi

Premium
Real Name
Ramin
Cremildo said:
I'm eagerly awaiting reviews, even though my copy has been ordered already. Irrespective of the quality, I'm glad because it could take many years before it is released in the UK.
I'm eager to read reviews of AMFAS too Gustavo, but I don't think I'll be as understanding as you if the quality of this release turns out to be anything less than outstanding.

I have high hopes though - with the Sony/TT combo, I feel the stars are aligned on this one.

Edit: Over on TT's Facebook page, a poster asked if there were any anticipated delays to shipment.
TT's reply: "Shipping should have started and will certainly be gathering steam by tomorrow."

Cine_Capsulas

Second Unit
Real Name
Patrick
My order shipped a few moments ago!
Your order with ScreenArchives.com has shipped!

ImageProxy.mvc
ImageProxy.mvc
Screen Archives Entertainment Invoice Screen Archives Entertainment
PO Box 550
Linden, VA 22642
Phone: (540) 635-2575
Fax: (540) 635-1154
Email: [email protected] Order Number: 042915-185025-1543 Order Date: April 29, 2015 Ship Date: May 12, 2015 Shipped via: Tracking #: LN279264378UShttp://brokersworldwide.com/clientlogin/uspsbagtag/TrackV2.aspx?c=16265&p=LN279264378US
ImageProxy.mvc
ImageProxy.mvc

Ship to:
Gustavo H. Razera
xxxxxxxxxxx
BRAZIL

Bill to:
Name on Card: Gustavo H. Razera
Card Number: (last 4 digits)
ImageProxy.mvc
ImageProxy.mvc

QTY​
ITEM
NUMBER​
TITLE​
UNIT
PRICE​
TOTAL​
1​
TWILIGHT152-BR​

ImageProxy.mvc
A MAN FOR ALL SEASONS (1966)
29.95​
29.95​

SUBTOTAL: $29.95 SHIPPING & HANDLING: $10.00 TOTAL DUE: $39.95

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks