What's new

A good date???? (1 Viewer)

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
Here's a weird one....any girls out there have an answer?
I was set up on a blind date. We met at a restaurant, and this girl was drop dead gorgeous. :emoji_thumbsup: We had a great conversation, then had some time to kill before a movie. We stopped by to meet her folks who were down the street, then killed more time in a private setting. She made the first moves to reach out and touch, including a short back rub. :emoji_thumbsup: In the movie, she was hanging on me the entire time, and wanted to hold my hand to and from the theater. It ended with a short kiss, and a we should do this again, call me. In my mind, the start of something great! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: I sent flowers the next Monday to thank her....no response. :thumbsdown: I called two days later, she apologized for not responding, but said the flowers where the highlight of her day. :emoji_thumbsup: We agreed we should go out again, but she would have to call me back to find a time. She even volunteered to drive down where I'm from if she had time. (45 min.) :emoji_thumbsup: She never called. :thumbsdown: 10 days later, (today) I called and left a message for her to call me. No response yet.
What gives? If that date didn't go well enough for a second, what does a guy have to do???? :angry:
I should mention she is very busy and runs her own company, but why no response and should I call her one more time if she does not call me back again???

brentl

Senior HTF Member
I'd say "let it be". She needed the company, and felt that you were easy to be around.

I've no doubt that she meant it when she saud that you "made her day". Business women need to work twice as hard to get as far as any man.

Mention it to the person who set you up and tell that person that you'd like to see her again but you don't want to be a pest. See if anything comes from that.

The ball is in her court now.

Brent

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I have never seem more thumbs in a post! :emoji_thumbsup:
Nothin' you can do about it, let it go.
--
Holadem

Dave Sabo

Stunt Coordinator
Never send flowers after only the first date! :thumbsdown:
Too quick man... Makes you look desperate (for lack of a better word).
Just my 2cents.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I've never been so busy that it took me 10 days to make an important phone call but I've never run my own company so who am I to be critical? brentl had good advice, mention it to the person who set up the date and let it go. I mean even if she is fun to be with if she's so busy that she can't call then it would likely be a short lived relationship.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
I would give her one more call, and if you get no response move on. From all accounts it sounded as if the date went well. Maybe she is really busy or out of town, so I would give her a little more time. If she wants a relationship, she will call you like she said. The flowers that quickly though are a no no in my book. You don't want to spoil them too early.

J

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
if it were me I'd give her this chance and forget about her. Nothing irritates me more than someone that says they'll call you back an doesn't, I'll let it slide once but that's usually about it. If I can't count on someone I can't trust them :frowning: if I can't trust them...

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
I must say that I receive female signals like a broken set of rabbit ears, but it sounded like the date went well. I am as perplexed as you Michael. But it sounds like she's not interested and rather than confront you, she's sweeping you under the rug.

Blah blah...fish in the sea...blah blah...

Tom Meyer

Second Unit
I think that the "I've been busy" excuse is B.S. You make time for the people for whom you want to make time, whether it's just a friend or someone you're in a relationship with. As soon as someone starts using that line on me, I know things aren't going well. When I find myself in situations like that, I try my best not to say it, just saying "Sorry I haven't called" instead of "I've been busy, sorry!". Nobody is *that* busy.

Paul Richardson

Second Unit
She needs to know what kind of man you really are. Women want men who are:

1. Into sports
2. Good with tools
3. Able to stay up late into the night

So, the solution is simple. Show up at her place at 3am, wearing a hockey mask and brandishing a chainsaw. Believe me, she'll sit up and take notice of you then!

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
Nobody is *that* busy.
No kidding. Unless you're being held in captivity, there is no excuse for not calling someone. I mean, really - she doesn't eat? If she eats, there will be a point where she is waiting around for her food to cook, or driving to pick it up. She can't call you then? What about breaks - this woman doesn't take 5 minutes sometime in the middle of the day to relax, drink a cup of coffee, or something? She doesn't read the newspaper or surf the Internet or go shopping?

It takes all of 30 seconds to pick up the phone and say "Hi" to somebody. Granted, if someone is an extremely busy person it may take awhile to work in time for a date, but a phone call? As Tom said, nobody is *that* busy. It's just not possible.

Let this one go...

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
Yep....I'm letting this one go. But did I mention she was a former NFL cheerleader??? :frowning:
But if she can't find the time, it's her loss.
As far as sending flowers after the first date....It wasn't a huge bouquet of roses....just a small assortment to say thanks. Trust me on this one guys...it never fails. It's worked 100% of the time, particularly since most men never do it. Women like that sort of thing. Ask them!
It's just weird...I've been out of the dating scene for the past 6 years, but it's time to get back in. Dating sucks.
Michael.

Jonathan Burk

Second Unit
Real Name
Jonathan Burk
Every time I read one of these threads, I imagine the girl posting her version on some "[Insert female interest here] Forum" somewhere.

And the end of the story would be the two threads finding each other...

KyleS

Screenwriter
I have never seem more thumbs in a post!
I agree I think I almost got eye strain from looking up and down. ;)
Seriously do as stated above and call her explaining that you would like to see her again but that you dont want to be a pest and for her to give you a call when she is ready. Then wait for her call. If she calls then great, if not then just move on.
KyleS

Danny R

Supporting Actor
If that date didn't go well enough for a second, what does a guy have to do??

Sometimes all a woman wants is just a date, and nothing more. Sure it might have been great, but perhaps she just doesn't have time for a relationship right now.

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
So, the solution is simple. Show up at her place at 3am, wearing a hockey mask and brandishing a chainsaw. Believe me, she'll sit up and take notice of you then!
I have nothing helpful to add, but I must say, Paul, your sparkling logic gave me quite a good laugh. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
What gives? If that date didn't go well enough for a second, what does a guy have to do????
Take the hint, accept reality and give up. :)
She runs her own company? Well, ask yourself this - would she have been "too busy" to call you back for ten days if you had been a potential customer, or a top sales person she wanted to steal away from the competition? Of course not - she would have found time or made time for those phone calls. And it is makes no difference that this is a personal, rather than a business matter. We don't usually treat our loved ones this badly until after we're in a relationship with them. :) At the "early dating" stage we tend to be on our best behavior, especially if there is genuine interest.
Jerry Seinfeld was right, a date is a job interview that lasts all evening. Sounds like you didn't get the job. Sorry.
Actually your whole description of the evening sounds faintly creepy. Meeting the parents and a back rub on the first date? A blind date? (I could buy this if you'd known each other socially for awhile and had just started dating.) Hanging all over you that night and then not returning your calls? I think you're well out of there, frankly, cheerleader or not.
Regards,
Joe

CameronS

Supporting Actor
As far as sending flowers after the first date....It wasn't a huge bouquet of roses....just a small assortment to say thanks. Trust me on this one guys...it never fails.
I'm not saying that this is why you haven't heard from her, but I would definitely not send flowers after one date.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks