A good date????

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Varacin, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Michael Varacin

Michael Varacin Stunt Coordinator

Here's a weird one....any girls out there have an answer?
    I was set up on a blind date. We met at a restaurant, and this girl was drop dead gorgeous. [​IMG] We had a great conversation, then had some time to kill before a movie. We stopped by to meet her folks who were down the street, then killed more time in a private setting. She made the first moves to reach out and touch, including a short back rub. [​IMG] In the movie, she was hanging on me the entire time, and wanted to hold my hand to and from the theater. It ended with a short kiss, and a we should do this again, call me. In my mind, the start of something great! [​IMG] [​IMG] I sent flowers the next Monday to thank her....no response. [​IMG] I called two days later, she apologized for not responding, but said the flowers where the highlight of her day. [​IMG] We agreed we should go out again, but she would have to call me back to find a time. She even volunteered to drive down where I'm from if she had time. (45 min.) [​IMG] She never called. [​IMG] 10 days later, (today) I called and left a message for her to call me. No response yet.
    What gives? If that date didn't go well enough for a second, what does a guy have to do???? [​IMG]
    I should mention she is very busy and runs her own company, but why no response and should I call her one more time if she does not call me back again???

2. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

I'd say "let it be". She needed the company, and felt that you were easy to be around.

I've no doubt that she meant it when she saud that you "made her day". Business women need to work twice as hard to get as far as any man.

Mention it to the person who set you up and tell that person that you'd like to see her again but you don't want to be a pest. See if anything comes from that.

The ball is in her court now.

Brent

3. Holadem

Holadem Lead Actor

I have never seem more thumbs in a post! [​IMG]
    Nothin' you can do about it, let it go.
    --
    Holadem

4. Dave Sabo

Dave Sabo Stunt Coordinator

Never send flowers after only the first date! [​IMG]
    Too quick man... Makes you look desperate (for lack of a better word).
    Just my 2cents.

5. Carl Johnson

Carl Johnson Cinematographer

Carl III
    I've never been so busy that it took me 10 days to make an important phone call but I've never run my own company so who am I to be critical? brentl had good advice, mention it to the person who set up the date and let it go. I mean even if she is fun to be with if she's so busy that she can't call then it would likely be a short lived relationship.

6. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

I would give her one more call, and if you get no response move on. From all accounts it sounded as if the date went well. Maybe she is really busy or out of town, so I would give her a little more time. If she wants a relationship, she will call you like she said. The flowers that quickly though are a no no in my book. You don't want to spoil them too early.

J

7. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

if it were me I'd give her this chance and forget about her. Nothing irritates me more than someone that says they'll call you back an doesn't, I'll let it slide once but that's usually about it. If I can't count on someone I can't trust them [​IMG] if I can't trust them...

8. JasenP

JasenP Screenwriter

Jasen
    I must say that I receive female signals like a broken set of rabbit ears, but it sounded like the date went well. I am as perplexed as you Michael. But it sounds like she's not interested and rather than confront you, she's sweeping you under the rug.

Blah blah...fish in the sea...blah blah...

9. Tom Meyer

Tom Meyer Second Unit

I think that the "I've been busy" excuse is B.S. You make time for the people for whom you want to make time, whether it's just a friend or someone you're in a relationship with. As soon as someone starts using that line on me, I know things aren't going well. When I find myself in situations like that, I try my best not to say it, just saying "Sorry I haven't called" instead of "I've been busy, sorry!". Nobody is *that* busy.

10. Paul Richardson

Paul Richardson Second Unit

She needs to know what kind of man you really are. Women want men who are:

1. Into sports
    2. Good with tools
    3. Able to stay up late into the night

So, the solution is simple. Show up at her place at 3am, wearing a hockey mask and brandishing a chainsaw. Believe me, she'll sit up and take notice of you then!

11. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

12. Michael Varacin

Michael Varacin Stunt Coordinator

Yep....I'm letting this one go. But did I mention she was a former NFL cheerleader??? [​IMG]
    But if she can't find the time, it's her loss.
    As far as sending flowers after the first date....It wasn't a huge bouquet of roses....just a small assortment to say thanks. Trust me on this one guys...it never fails. It's worked 100% of the time, particularly since most men never do it. Women like that sort of thing. Ask them!
    It's just weird...I've been out of the dating scene for the past 6 years, but it's time to get back in. Dating sucks.
    Michael.

13. Jonathan Burk

Jonathan Burk Second Unit

Jonathan Burk
    Every time I read one of these threads, I imagine the girl posting her version on some "[Insert female interest here] Forum" somewhere.

And the end of the story would be the two threads finding each other...

14. Dennis Nicholls

Dennis Nicholls Lead Actor

Dennis

15. KyleS

KyleS Screenwriter

16. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

If that date didn't go well enough for a second, what does a guy have to do??

Sometimes all a woman wants is just a date, and nothing more. Sure it might have been great, but perhaps she just doesn't have time for a relationship right now.

17. Steve Enemark

Steve Enemark Second Unit

She's not interested, or is a flake (or both!). Move on.

18. Mark Pfeiffer

Mark Pfeiffer Screenwriter

19. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino

20. Cameron Seaman

Cameron Seaman Supporting Actor