What's new

A good date???? (1 Viewer)

DanR

Supporting Actor
Forget her and move on. What a joke. It's stories like these that make me glad I'm not only single, but plan to stay that way for a while. The female run around is just a bullshit game. The last time I got screwed over really pissed me off.

If by some chance she does call you or email you, respond with a nice, "Yeah, ok, whatever." She'll come running back. Then your move to is bang her like a screen door in a hurricane, and not call her back. You guys laugh, but it's true. If the woman percieves you are no challenge, then she moves on. Perhaps this is what the other guys were referring to as "Too early to send flowers". She just lost interest. There are ways to regain her short term interest (long enough to have casual sex with her), but if you're looking for a girlfriend, you's best stay away from this woman. Trust me.

Regards,
Dan

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
My opinion has been liberalized, give her one last call. I mean what do you have to lose but some pride, it's well worth the risk:)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
brutal, but honest dan. I agree.

but I can't help but notice not a single female has posted her thoughts.

David Ren

Stunt Coordinator
Trust me on this one guys...it never fails.
Guess what? It just failed.

I agree that it was a big mistake to send flowers after a first date (or after a second or a third. flowers are reserved for girls you are already in a relationship with)

Dave

Gregory E

Second Unit
Yeah, I agree with the flowers thing. Don't ask me why, but girls don't like it when guys are too nice. In my experiences, girls seem to like guys that are just a little bit mysterious. If they think they have you wrapped around their little finger (and flowers will certainly do that), they loose interest.
Then again...who knows. Maybe you should watch SWINGERS. While I was reading your first post, I was picturing Jon Favreau calling that girl's answering machine 6 times in a row! :D

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
So, the solution is simple. Show up at her place at 3am, wearing a hockey mask and brandishing a chainsaw. Believe me, she'll sit up and take notice of you then!
:laugh: Oh, man!
I also agree with Dan. You were in a control situation. She is a former cheerleader, she runs her own company...she just wanted to make you want her, which she did. I doubt she has any interest in you beyond that.
Bruce

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Michael: In the movie, she was hanging on me the entire time,
What movie did you take her to, feardotcom??

I don't know, I'm not qualified to comment on any of this (out of the dating pool). Maybe she thinks you just liked her for her looks. Maybe she doesn't like your taste in movies. Ask your friends if she said anything. Good luck. Keep trying.

Btw, I like the flowers thing.

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
She sounds liek she was in "charge" throughout the date. Meeting parents (spooky) and giving you massages and being touchy/feely. But then again women that do run their own businesses have to be more "take charge" in general ...
So I have to agree with a previous poster that you might have come across a little soft with the flowers thing after a first date. I have done the flowers thing numerous times myself but only after a few dates and when I am very much attracted to them ... after the first date it seems a little desperate and soft.
She sounds like a woman that knows her place and needs a challenging guy
Stay away from this one ... she sounds like she might eat you alive :)
But then again ... she was a cheerleader :) so ...

CameronS

Supporting Actor
Aurel,

Real quick thread crap:

Did you know there are now T-shirts with your sig pic on them? I always liked your sig and laughed out loud the first time you posted it. Jason Lee was wearing one of the shirts on Conan recently. (Maybe he made it himself??)

/end threadcrap

Aurel Savin

Supporting Actor
Cameron ...

Thanks ... I ripped that pic off some other website myself, but I did not know there where shirts made up.

The pic must have surfaced recently even though it is obviously a good 15-20 years old.

Michael Varacin

Stunt Coordinator
Vickie-
Thanks for the backup on the flowers - I'm getting killed on that one. But oddly enough, we did see feardotcom. Her choice - she wanted to see a scary movie, and that was the only option. Geeze was that an awful movie.
I still stand my ground on the flowers guys - It has always worked, including at the start of a 5 year relationship with a former playboy model. (For some reason I think by adding that comment it adds weight to my argument. Otherwise, it's irrelevant. :D )
The whole point of my original post was more of humorous remark on how a date can go so well with an obvious attraction, then go no further. It would be neat to see some other female opinions on this one though.
Ah well. Good times. Goin' to try and catch another fish -
Michael.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Michael: But oddly enough, we did see feardotcom. Her choice - she wanted to see a scary movie, and that was the only option
What about Signs?? It's scary AND a good movie.
I'm really out of my league in this thread. Many of you guys seem to be dating either cold-hearted bitches, or Playboy bunnies (or both!), and if I were your age you wouldn't give me even a split-second glance. Threads like this make me appreciate my husband (of 20 gloriously happy years) even more.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I'm really out of my league in this thread. Many of you guys seem to be dating either cold-hearted bitches, or Playboy bunnies (or both!), and if I were your age you wouldn't give me even a split-second glance.
So you're saying you're not a Playboy Bunny (which is fine), and you're not a cold hearted bitch (which is good!).

As you've demonstrated, those aren't the only two possibilities. I don't think most men want to date cold hearted bitches, nor do they require that a woman be a Playboy bunny to date her, so you shouldn't necessarily assume that there would be no more than a split second glance.

Of course, men are very attracted to gorgeous women, so attracted that we engage in a lot of wishful thinking about how bitchy they are, as in "ok, she MAY be bitchy, but man oh man, I'll take the risk for that body!", whereas a not so attractive woman is going to have to have a nice personality (men won't overlook any bitchiness if the looks don't dazzle).

It sounds to me like the woman thought Michael was strictly one-date material, as in "sure I'll enjoy having you take me to a movie and give me flowers, etc., but that doesn't mean I really care about you", just as many men would look at her and say "sure I'll enjoy f**cking you tonight, but that doesn't mean I really care about you". Similar attitude, somewhat different goal, although I did encounter a woman last month with the latter attitude towards me.

Greg_Y

Screenwriter
I'm honestly not trying to pick on anyone here but some of the comments in here, not those of the thread starter mind you, show me how much a male-dominated hobby we have here. Some of the comments made me roll my eyes and check the calendar to see what decade we're in. I can only imagine what a female thinks of some of them. Sheesh...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks