What's new

A "fun" poll re: the Warners Archives (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Captain Sindbad-would love more stuff with Guy Williams. his screen test interview from LiS is the stuff of man crush. I'll bet even Steve McQueen saw Guy and said he wished he could break off some of that cool for himself. Guy had to have taught Rod Serling how to hold smoke like a cool man. If you put Guy Williams in the same room as Fronie you'd scream fraud at the Happy Days fella. And.... wait, there's others.

Kansas City Bomber

She

Skyjacked -love these kinds of movies. Chuck chewing scenery gold, I hope.

House Of Dark Shadows-I already have this. But maybe they should do a 2 movie set for the ones who missed it.

Can't put Under the Rainbow with Carrie and Chevy. Or Cracking Up with Jerry Lewis. Or Last Dinosaur with Have Gun Will TRavel guy... this is hard to do....

RICK BOND

Screenwriter
Real Name
RICK
SHE (1965) Hammer ......That's the only one I want. Never seen any of those other titles. I could make a WAY better list than that !

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
SHE (1965) Hammer ......That's the only one I want. Never seen any of those other titles. I could make a WAY better list than that !
I don't think the point was to make a wish list, but rather a random sampling of titles to see what type of films most people would prefer.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I honestly would not purchase any of the titles on that list at this time.

I would not be opposed to renting some of them as I haven't seen any on the list, but I'm trying to avoid blind buys as much as possible these days.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I don't think the point was to make a wish list, but rather a random sampling of titles to see what type of films most people would prefer.

Thank you, Nick! Exactly! As I said the list was quite arbitrary and not much thought was put into it and off the top of my head using some oldies that some people say Warners should release and some less prestigious titles that have their fan base.

Joel Arndt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Arndt
And it's interesting to see how the votes break down. With a few exceptions (and no surprise) there are two camps represented, one for the older titles (30s-40s) vs. the other for the newer titles (60s-70s). Of course, with "newer" being a relative term here considering the most recently released title listed is 47 years old.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I'm going to bicker and whine about that list, it's not fit for purpose. I only want one title on it, She (1965). No Warner Archive releases for me so far this year, let's see what the second half of 2019 brings (if only they'd ask me, I'd mark their card). :)
I agree. The only title that interests me in that list is also SHE, which I would buy in a heartbeat. Though unlike Alan, I have bought two Warner Archive titles so far this year, specifically SUMMER STOCK, and GASLIGHT, as I collect pre-1953 MGM films on Blu, even if neither of these are my absolute favorites.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Girl Happy (1965) with Elvis Presley
Holiday In Mexico (1946) with Jane Powell
Hot Rods To Hell (1967) with Dana Andrews
The Liquidator (1965) with Rod Taylor
Lovely To Look At (1952) with Ann Miller
She (1965) with Ursula Andress
Skyjacked (1972) with Charlton Heston
Student Prince (1954) with Edmund Purdom
Susan And God (1940) with Rita Hayworth
Thrill Of A Romance (1945) with Esther Williams

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
My choices would be:

Holiday In Mexico
(1946) with Jane Powell (6 votes)
Lovely To Look At (1952) with Kathryn Grayson (7 votes)
Marie Antoinette (1938) with Norma Shearer (6 votes)
Mrs. Parkington (1944) with Greer Garson (4 votes)
New Moon (1940) with Jeanette MacDonald (4 votes)
Rosalie (1937) with Eleanor Powell (5 votes)
Student Prince (1954) with Edmund Purdom (7 votes)
Susan And God (1940) with Joan Crawford (5 votes)
Thrill Of A Romance (1945) with Esther Williams (6 votes)
White Cliffs Of Dover (1944) with Irene Dunne (6 votes)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks