What's new

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I found value in SFMike's comment.
His comment barely mentioned 3D and didn't provide any detail on the 3D presentation. He was more concerned with letting us all know that he thought Dominion was a big steaming turd and he never wants to see it again. IMO, the best place to gripe about the film itself is in the Movies forum thread for it, not here where we're discussing the 4K UHD disc release. But, that's just my opinion.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I think the main issue here is that within a Movie Review thread (in the forums), that's where our opinions of a film belong. Loved it, hated it, everything in between--though honestly I personally have better things to do with my time than to chime in to a Movie Review thread of a movie I didn't like at all. I generally will pop in to threads where I like/love the movie in hopes of spreading the word and getting people to see a movie, especially a lesser known or low-budget gem. I don't really derive joy from even going into a Movie Review thread and crapping on the film. I just move on, but I get that some people really enjoy putting out negativity into the world.

However in a UHD announcement thread, and especially RAH's threads which tends to focus on the technical merits of the transfer (and in older films, how well the original elements were handled and are being presented in 4K/UHD playback), the point is essentially "do you like/love this film and want to hear RAH's thoughts as to the quality of the 4K/UHD release as only one who has the deep knowledge in film as RAH has can convey?"

It's true, we don't have an official HTF rule saying "in the home video announcement/review threads, this isn't the place for your opinion of the quality of the film itself." I guess as bewildering to me as it is for someone to go into a Movie Review thread just to crap on a film vs. literally doing anything more constructive in life (spend time with a loved one, go out for a walk, or heck go to another HTF thread that doesn't bring out the negativity in you), it's double confusing that someone who hated a film would use their time on earth to go into a UHD review thread just to double down on how much they hated the film, knowing that most people in these threads are fans of the film and want to know about the quality of the home video release.

What's the endgame? Do you think someone who loved the film is going to read your "I hated this crap" comment and think "oh yeah you're totally right, I was dumb for liking it, let me not get this 4K disc." Would you stand in front of the BD/4K section of your Best Buy and tell anyone who picked up the disc "oh man that movie is trash"? Please take a video of yourself and post it here if you do! :rolling-smiley:

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Enjoyed the movie theatrically and enjoyed the movie at home even mixing in the climate change message into the movie. I enjoyed the story and the mix of Jurassic World and Jurassic Park characters.

Jurassic Collection 8_2022.jpg

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
NOOOOOOOOOOOO 3d, no sale!
When there is a 3D disc, you would probably be disappointed, since there is only a whisper of 3D in the film. I enjoyed the 4K version at home much better. Save your money. I felt cheated watching the 3D version.

Kent K H

Supporting Actor
I agree. JP:D was my first theater film since covid. 3D? What 3D? It’s like they took the cork out of the 3D bottle, waved the cork over the film, and whispered 3D. Very disappointing. I enjoying my 4K viewing at home more.
My first 3D in the theater in a while was Thor: Love and Thunder and I was disappointed in that, but I think a lot of it was the presentation. I was pretty happy with the AMC I used to live near and they tended to do well with presentation. The one near where I live now seems to care a lot less. Thor seemed to be framed wrong, dark and slightly out of focus.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
When there is a 3D disc, you would probably be disappointed, since there is only a whisper of 3D in the film. I enjoyed the 4K version at home much better. Save your money. I felt cheated watching the 3D version.
...like so many converted German 2D movies?

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
None of the Jurassic World trilogy has been a showcase for 3D. So based on that and info from people that saw this in 3D in theaters, I'm not going to be overly disappointed if there's no 3D release for Dominion.

Of course if there is one at some point, I'll likely buy it. ;) If for no other reason than to complete the set.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
I saw this film in theaters, and though there are some cool setpieces, it couldn't escape the fact that Jurassic jumped several sharks with Dominion — even more than Fallen Kingdom. I'm passing on this disk.

I saw at at the theater because it was in 3D and was so disappointed in everything about it I have no intention of ever revisiting this failure of Hollywood groupthink again. On leaving the theater I still wanted to see a movie.
I’m glad I wasn’t the one to point out that no matter how glorious this may look it sucks!

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Even if they did not make the most of it, the premise of a world where humans and animals have to adapt to a new order where Ollies are roaming free was chilling and thought provoking.
cb6294d56cce63faadaf29190029b590.jpg
I'm more concerned about a world where the sea is filled with descendants of Cecil the Seasick Sea Serpent!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks