What's new

Blu-ray Review A Few Words About A few words about…™ Invaders from Mars – in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

uncledougie

Premium
Real Name
Doug
I received the email, others apparently have not been receiving the already sporadic communications. I sincerely hope the shipping goes smoothly and nothing gets lost in translation. I saw this as a child at some friends’ aunt and uncle’s house. They were the first family we knew who got a color (!!!) set. Typically the color saturation was turned to warp 5, and we made a point for our small town group to watch INVADERS FROM MARS and get creeped out in its full vivid rendition. Not only will this be a trip down nostalgia lane, but I recently read the fine biography of William Cameron Menzies by James Curtis. Menzies was endlessly talented at getting a lot onscreen despite severely limited resources. So I can view the film now through entirely different eyes and enjoy it on multiple levels.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Grindhouse does not list Invaders From Mars? Which site are U.S. customers supposed to order the Blu-ray from?
All orders go thru Ignite but the distribution of the phyisical discs are piped thru that Knoxville facility. It sounds as if all those that pre ordered with the TCM Fest promotions are in the process of being shipped. All others will get thiers in mid January.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
I had checked my mail earlier, but had not gotten the latest update. I just checked again now, and there it is! (I have gotten -- as far as I know -- all of the previous emails.) I haven't seen any indication of my disc having been processed for shipping yet, but then I'm not sure we know who the carrier is supposed to be. Not to mention that I'm not sure where I stand in the shipping order, so...

Patience in all things.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Keep Watching the Skies! (In 4K) :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221216-150438.png
    Screenshot_20221216-150438.png
    764.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
for those that may be worried, don't have been using Grindhouse Video for 3 years now, a lot of my more obscure or foreign UK and Oz title purchases since back when they were still in Florida, the moved to TN and bigger store about a year or so ago. So no worries they are the same as of the other outlets where you are going to get those kinds of releases. The best i have ever gotten from them i ordered and had something delivered the next day. The longest was 5-6 and that was all because of the US post office. The guy has limited space so he will get the orders out as fast as he can.

and for those wanting the wide release, well that has yet to be announced, but when it is i have a feeling this will be one of the few places to get it "first" for that release

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks