What's new

Brian Sallot

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
After 1978 wrapped no one thought there be a sequel, so the original mask was probably put in a box in either John or Debra's attic or basement and forgotten about until Universal and Dino De Laurentiis decided they want to make a sequel and by that time the original mask would mostly likely not been able to be used do to wear and tear from the original film.
Actually it has been well documented that the mask used in part 2 was the exact same mask that Nick Castle wore in the original. It sat in a box for 2 years and the paint started to yellow and peel off which made it look dirtier and Dick Warlocks face was wider than Nick Castles creating a slightly different shape to the mask. No repainting of the mask was done they just used it as is.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
By the way, I placed my Amazon order for this 4K disc last Tuesday and I'm getting it tomorrow which isn't bad considering all of the talk about extensive delays.

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
It holds up terrifically. Looks and sounds great. And someone else agrees. ;)

I don't know how well this would do on my edge-lit display, though, given that this film is so dark for most of the run time (save for, as I said, the hospital sequences where the lighting may be bright); my panel REALLY struggles with raised, blooming black levels with HDR content because of the edge lighting scheme, which is why I'm skeptical of investing in it right now.

I love the film as a direct sequel, but I think I may have to upgrade my hardware before buying into many "dark"-oriented titles like these...

The point is kinda moot now anyway, as it seems Best Buy is completely sold out of these. Glad I picked up Season of the Witch when I did.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
By the way, I placed my Amazon order for this 4K disc last Tuesday and I'm getting it tomorrow which isn't bad considering all of the talk about extensive delays.
I just received my "Halloween II" 4K disc from Amazon which I ordered on October 5th.

Chris_C

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
I ordered my copy from Amazon in July. It will be delivered Monday they say and this is with Prime. Bullocks.

TomTom

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone having playback issue with H2 @4k. The menu page seems to loop and nothing to click on--no clickable items along the bottom like on the accompanying blu. I tried panny 9000 with new firmware and venerable Samsung k8500 and got same results

sbjork

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
I ordered my copy from Amazon in July. It will be delivered Monday they say and this is with Prime. Bullocks.
I pre-ordered the first three with the LPs directly from Sacred Bones on July 6, and got a shipping notification from them on 10/14, but as of this morning, the tracking info from USPS says that they're still awaiting the items for shipment.

crowe-t

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Michael
I watched the Shout Factory 4K Halloween and Halloween II last night. They both look and sound great. The transfers seem to match. I never had a Halloween and Halloween II that looked the same.

Wookie Groomer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Shawn
I watched these and they were great. I did an unboxing video of the M.Myers discs below. Amazon refused to post my reviews publicly even after I gave the titles 4 stars and raved about them but briefly mentioned the poor handling from Amazon shipping which is documented in my video. All my unboxing videos demonstrate the same garbage shipping from Amazon, no collectible is safe as long as they continue shipping in plastic bags. The Scream Factory set is so nicely put together it's a shame they are not protected. My Star Trek UHD set unboxing in particular also show how bad physical media packaging has gotten in recent years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks