What's new

Brian Sallot

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian
After 1978 wrapped no one thought there be a sequel, so the original mask was probably put in a box in either John or Debra's attic or basement and forgotten about until Universal and Dino De Laurentiis decided they want to make a sequel and by that time the original mask would mostly likely not been able to be used do to wear and tear from the original film.
Actually it has been well documented that the mask used in part 2 was the exact same mask that Nick Castle wore in the original. It sat in a box for 2 years and the paint started to yellow and peel off which made it look dirtier and Dick Warlocks face was wider than Nick Castles creating a slightly different shape to the mask. No repainting of the mask was done they just used it as is.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Real Name
Robert
By the way, I placed my Amazon order for this 4K disc last Tuesday and I'm getting it tomorrow which isn't bad considering all of the talk about extensive delays.

Kaskade1309

Supporting Actor
Real Name
S
It holds up terrifically. Looks and sounds great. And someone else agrees. ;)

I don't know how well this would do on my edge-lit display, though, given that this film is so dark for most of the run time (save for, as I said, the hospital sequences where the lighting may be bright); my panel REALLY struggles with raised, blooming black levels with HDR content because of the edge lighting scheme, which is why I'm skeptical of investing in it right now.

I love the film as a direct sequel, but I think I may have to upgrade my hardware before buying into many "dark"-oriented titles like these...

The point is kinda moot now anyway, as it seems Best Buy is completely sold out of these. Glad I picked up Season of the Witch when I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beckford
Recent bookmarks