What's new

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Simple, Nick Castel was skinny and Dick Warlock was fat.
Which have no bearing on why the mask looks so different. By the way Nick Castle went on to direct some great films like The Boy Who Could Fly and The Last Starfighter.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Which have no bearing on why the mask looks so different. By the way Nick Castle went on to direct some great films like The Boy Who Could Fly and The Last Starfighter.

Costumes and mask are going to look different on different actors whatever shape their bodies are in. A new mask was created for the sequel which started the trend of each film having a different look to the mask.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Costumes and mask are going to look different on different actors whatever shape their bodies are in.
Costumes…yes. Masks…nope.

Especially noticeable since all these events happen on the same night.

Only the 2018 film got the mask right again. Couldn’t have been that hard.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Costumes…yes. Masks…nope.

Especially noticeable since all these events happen on the same night.

Only the 2018 film got the mask right again. Couldn’t have been that hard.

After 1978 wrapped no one thought there be a sequel, so the original mask was probably put in a box in either John or Debra's attic or basement and forgotten about until Universal and Dino De Laurentiis decided they want to make a sequel and by that time the original mask would mostly likely not been able to be used do to wear and tear from the original film.

Mark VH

Second Unit
It’s funny, 2018’s film ignores all the sequels, following up on JUST the original. So REALLY it should be called “Halloween II”, but maybe they didn’t want to do that, considering there were already two “Halloween II”s. The 1981 sequel and the 2009 sequel to Rob Zombie’s remake. Having THREE movies in the Halloween franchise with the same title would be CRAZY! 🤪

By this rationale, Halloween: H20 should technically have been called Halloween III since it it was a direct sequel to Halloween II, which would make it the second Halloween III in the franchise.

Also Halloween 2018 absolutely sucked.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
By this rationale, Halloween: H20 should technically have been called Halloween III since it it was a direct sequel to Halloween II, which would make it the second Halloween III in the franchise.

Also Halloween 2018 absolutely sucked.

Halloween's timeline is on par with Doctor Who's as everything is out of order.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Yep! I actually like H20 as a continuation of the first two, as a sort of epilogue for Laurie Stode. I have no idea what the general consensus is, but I think it succeeded WAY more than the 2018 film. H20 had a great ending as long as I close my eyes and deny the existence of Resurrection.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Yep! I actually like H20 as a continuation of the first two, as a sort of epilogue for Laurie Stode. I have no idea what the general consensus is, but I think it succeeded WAY more than the 2018 film. H20 had a great ending as long as I close my eyes and deny the existence of Resurrection.

Both H2O and 2018 had big anniversaries the year they were released. The 20th anniversary back in 1998 was a very big thing. The 40th anniversary wasn't meet with the same fan fare as 20th and 25thwere. H2O had a lot ridding on when it came out as living up to the original would be almost impossible, but thankfully it did managed to be a good entertaining sequel.

Mark VH

Second Unit

I don’t think H20 is worth much of a damn as a movie, but it continues (and resolves) the Michael-Laurie storyline in a far more satisfying way than H2018. Also has a pretty low body count, keeping it more in scope with the original movie.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Why Michaels mask looks so different on the same night?;)
You think that's bad? Michael is definitely supposed to be wearing the same mask in Halloween 4 and 5. Call me crazy but I don't think they match.

Halloween 4:
H4 Mask | Halloween Series Wiki | Fandom

Halloween 5:
Halloween 5 Destroyed the Franchise - Consequence

H20 has its fans but I don't think it's very good. For me, the 2018 movie is a stunning cinematic masterpiece compared to H20. That's not to say that the 2018 movie is a stunning cinematic masterpiece but I think it's a million times better than H20.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I don’t think H20 is worth much of a damn as a movie, but it continues (and resolves) the Michael-Laurie storyline in a far more satisfying way than H2018. Also has a pretty low body count, keeping it more in scope with the original movie.

H2O had just 6 kills instead of 15 that H4 and 2018 both share. 2018 was just too violent, Michael was essentially some guy strung-out on PCP and was going to town on anyone and everyone who crossed his path.

Mark VH

Second Unit
H2O had just 6 kills instead of 15 that H4 and 2018 both share. 2018 was just too violent, Michael was essentially some guy strung-out on PCP and was going to town on anyone and everyone who crossed his path.

It introduced some potentially interesting ideas and followed through on exactly none of them. It billed itself as a “true” sequel to the original when in fact it was just another crappy sequel with heaping doses of fan service.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
It introduced some potentially interesting ideas and followed through on exactly none of them. It billed itself as a “true” sequel to the original when in fact it was just another crappy sequel with heaping doses of fan service.

If 2018 was supposed to be the true sequel, John himself would of directed it and not David Gordon Green as he clearly never watched the original to see just how it's done.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
One of the things that I like about the 2018 movie is that it doesn't try to only mimic the style of the original. That worked great for Halloween II since it picks up where the other movie ended but the 1978 and 2018 movies are from two different eras and are from two different filmmakers so I think the folks behind the 2018 movie were right to try to make it their own thing (as much as that's possible when doing a sequel) rather than simply try to ape the original movie.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
BTW in the television cut of HII, there are only 6 shots fired in the opening recap

Last edited:

Kaskade1309

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
S
I wonder how Halloween II will hold up as a 4K release with HDR, given that most of it takes place at night with the interweaving parts in the hospital...

Seems to me it wouldn't really have a chance to shine as a UHD disc in this regard (in comparison, at least the 1978 classic has all those outdoor sequences when the girls are walking home, etc.).

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I wonder how Halloween II will hold up as a 4K release with HDR, given that most of it takes place at night with the interweaving parts in the hospital...

Seems to me it wouldn't really have a chance to shine as a UHD disc in this regard (in comparison, at least the 1978 classic has all those outdoor sequences when the girls are walking home, etc.).
It holds up terrifically. Looks and sounds great. And someone else agrees. ;)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It holds up terrifically. Looks and sounds great. And someone else agrees. ;)

Amazon has shipped my Halloween II disc and I should have it on Monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks