What's new

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Actually two dogs.
"He got hungry." For one of them anyway.

Animals don’t count and neither does Judith or the mechanic for which he gets his iconic jumpsuit from. His killing spree starts with Annie, Bob, and Lynda.
I'm not even sure what newspaper that you guys are discussing but if it was supposed to be published on November 1, 1978, I agree that they wouldn't have yet pinned the mechanic's death on Michael so a newspaper story from the next day would talk about three murders.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I'm not even sure what newspaper that you guys are discussing but if it was supposed to be published on November 1, 1978, I agree that they wouldn't have yet pinned the mechanic's death on Michael so a newspaper story from the next day would talk about three murders.

The mechanic was probably never found, as only us the audience were supposed to see him.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Animals don’t count and neither does Judith or the mechanic for which he gets his iconic jumpsuit from. His killing spree starts with Annie, Bob, and Lynda.
I said he killed 5 people in the original Halloween. Which he did. I wasn’t talking about a spree or whether animals count. Just stating a fact.

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
I said he killed 5 people in the original Halloween. Which he did. I wasn’t talking about a spree or whether animals count. Just stating a fact.

Only 4 of those 5 people were killed on screen though, if a dead body is found it doesn't count toward his official kill count.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Only 4 of those 5 people were killed on screen though, if a dead body is found it doesn't count toward his official kill count.
Disagree. And again I’m
not talking about sprees or kill counts. Just stating how many people he killed.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
By the way did they ever edit the opening recap where Loomis fires seven shots from a six shot revolver? I thought they did. Or perhaps that’s just the original film. It’s seven shots here.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
A dead body maybe a hundred feet from a phone booth and road and next to a train track was definitely found at some point. Once again, it wouldn't have been linked to Michael quick enough for a newspaper story on November 1 for but a body that close to a road absolutely would have been found. Since Loomis found the matchbook at the same spot as where a body was found, the police would have been able to draw the link once the body was located.

By the way did they ever edit the opening recap where Loomis fires seven shots from a six shot revolver? I thought they did. Or perhaps that’s just the original film. It’s seven shots here.
The original movie has six shots and the footage reshot for II has seven shots.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Loomis absolutely shoots SEVEN shots on this 4K disc.
1633561177919.jpeg

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Loomis has always shot 7 times in Halloween II. It's a relatively well-known error since the gun is a six-shooter.

Loomis shoots 6 shots in this film.

That clip has Loomis shooting seven times. He shoots once while Michael is putting his mask back on and another six in rapid succession as Michael falls. I suddenly feel like I'm in JFK. :)

questrider

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian
The mechanic was probably never found, as only us the audience were supposed to see him.
A dead body maybe a hundred feet from a phone booth and road and next to a train track was definitely found at some point. Once again, it wouldn't have been linked to Michael quick enough for a newspaper story on November 1 for but a body that close to a road absolutely would have been found. Since Loomis found the matchbook at the same spot as where a body was found, the police would have been able to draw the link once the body was located.

With the mechanic's body being approximately 25 ft. from the abandoned Phelps Garage truck along with Loomis eventually reporting the location of the truck where he found the hospital gown and matchbook during a follow-up investigation would definitely get the body discovered and found eventually.

AchingPrestigiousBandicoot-size_restricted.gif

However, this thread is for Halloween II, so I now return you to your regularly scheduled thread... :cool:

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Both the 1978 original and this film have goofs regarding to the ending. In the 78 original Michael is shot off the balcony, but the balcony doesn't match the one in front of Tommy's house as John filmed inside a different house for the interior scenes just like he did with Lindsey Wallace's house.

Michael is shot 6 times at the end of 78, but for this film seven are fired as John, Debra, or director Rick Rosenthal forgot the continuity of 78. as after Loomis shoots Michael he repeatedly tells Sheriff Brackett and neighbors that he shot him 6 times.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Jeez am I glad we got body counts and shots fired cleared up. What can we debate now? Why Michaels mask looks so different on the same night?;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks