What's new

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
The main title from Freud and Charles Gerhardt's recording of Hanson's Symphony #2 (specifically the end of the first movement) were temp music tracks that got left in. Jerry Goldsmith was infuriated by this and its one of the reasons he vowed to never work with Ridley ever again after the great Legend fiasco of 1985.

sbjork

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Stephen
The main title from Freud and Charles Gerhardt's recording of Hanson's Symphony #2 (specifically the end of the first movement) were temp music tracks that got left in. Jerry Goldsmith was infuriated by this and its one of the reasons he vowed to never work with Ridley ever again after the great Legend fiasco of 1985.
It was out of respect for Goldsmith that Intrada elected not to include that recording of Hanson's work in their fantastic 2-disc expanded soundtrack release, but I found that disappointing. Right or wrong, it was in the movie, and it made the "complete" soundtrack a little less complete. They did include the excerpt from Eine kleine Nachtmusik, though.

As an aside, the Varèse Sarabande disc for Goldsmith's soundtrack to Freud is a must own -- if it's still in print, which it may not be.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
They're both OOP. But Freud, being a Varese Sarabande CD Club title, was a low print run title to begin with.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
When I first got the Alien soundtrack disc a few years ago, I was also wondering why it didn’t have all the tracks heard in the movie. I figured out from here and other sites that the Howard Hanson tracks actually used in the film were available on CD and I found the Freud soundtrack disc. There is a fan site where the guy broke down the specific tracks in the film and I had planned to try to assemble the tracks together into my own assembly of the soundtrack to the movie. I just never got around to doing it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks