What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Men in Black Trilogy -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
One might presume, that as the Men in Black Trilogy has made its way to 4k UHD via Columbia, that all would not only be well, but perfectly rendered.

And one would be correct.

Not a great deal to discuss here.

More than a few readers will know of these interesting little, sci-fi productions.

The only story is quality, and it's all there.

In spades.

The first two films, allow velvety grain structure, while color densities, et al are perfect.

The third film, which was shot digitally, and finished in 4k, is likewise, perfection.

HDR is never overplayed.

In terms of audio, Dolby Atmos rounds out the offering for all three films, and the world of odd aliens could not be better.

Image - 5

Audio - 5 (Dolby Atmos)

4k - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Highly Recommended

RAH

Last edited by a moderator:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I almost bought this 4K set during my Black Friday buying spree, but decided against it because I only really liked the first film. The one with Josh Brolin playing Tommy Lee Jone's character as a younger man was alright. I might purchase this set later if I catch it on sale.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I agree with you about the second film Robert, but I thoroughly enjoyed Men in Black 3. I found it to be a fun ride. Brolin was great as the young K, and Jemaine Clement's performance as Boris the Animal equalled Vincent D'Onofrio's Edgar the Bug from the original movie IMO.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I agree with you about the second film Robert, but I thoroughly enjoyed Men in Black 3. I found it to be a fun ride. Brolin was great as the young K, and Jemaine Clement's performance as Boris the Animal equalled Vincent D'Onofrio's Edgar the Bug from the original movie IMO.
Well, I did say it was alright and mentioned Brolin as a young K so that means it's a purchasing possibility.:) I'm basically just waiting on a lower price point.

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
This is my first time seeing MIIB -- and possibly the last. It was godawful. The visual effects were atrocious. I'm talking near Star Trek V levels of atrocious! What the hell.

I guess it's never a good sign when you watch a movie and ask "Why?!" over and over.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This is my first time seeing MIIB -- and possibly the last. It was godawful. The visual effects were atrocious. I'm talking near Star Trek V levels of atrocious! What the hell.

I guess it's never a good sign when you watch a movie and ask "Why?!" over and over.
You want to sell it for a reasonable price?:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks