What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Lost Boys -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Vern Dias

Second Unit
Real Name
Theodore V Dias

Yes, I should have qualified my statement. A single chip dlp has 3 times the mirror motion on the panel, because it also has to multiplex the 3 colors and well as handle the luma levels.

If 3 chip DLP weren't priced up in the stratosphere compared to LCOS and DILA, it could also be a reasonable alternative.

Vern

Paul Hillenbrand

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul Hillenbrand
The Lost Boys looks fantastic!

I'm so pleased this blu-ray disc of this 1987 film looks like film when projected on my 110" screen. I could just sit-back and enjoy the picture.

Warner Brothers, what you did here is how it needs to be done! Good Job!

Paul

P.S.

The DDTrue HD sound was great too.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member

Indeed. after watching dark City, a nice surprise.

htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

troy evans

Screenwriter
What got me was the shot in the opening credits. From the ocean to the boardwalk amusements. Wow! I never saw that look so good. At that point I knew I was in for a treat. This is still a great movie. I still love the tension when Keifer and the boys come to rain down hell on them at the end. The scene where they go out to save nu nook and run back in just in the nik of time. That scene still had the same excitement level for me.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Never seen this one before, and I enjoyed it quite a bit on Blu-ray last night. The picture was great and very film-like.

MattFini

Supporting Actor
I'm going to echo the recent sentiments regarding The Lost Boys: WHAT A FANTASTIC RELEASE!!!!!

I have purchased every DVD copy of this film and as a result, wasn't sure if I was going to plunk down the cash for the Blu Ray disc. Well, I am SO happy that I did.

This is how every cataloge release SHOULD be done. I also want to credit Warners for sticking with the original poster art for this release. I love when studios keep original art. It's actually an incentive for me when I'm on the fence about a particular release.

But not to go off topic. This Blu-Ray is great. I watched it on my 50" Plasma with the volume cranked to the nines. A completely enveloping experience.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
To his credit, Schumacher really did quite a bit with what seemed like a limited budget. I will definitely revisit this one in the future on Blu-ray.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

That's funny, I had the exact opposite experience when I showed it to my niece and nephew, both 15. Poor little buggers are saddled in back braces this summer (1 for scoliosis, the other for a fractured vertebrae) so they were a captive audience, but they thought it was great. My niece loves vampire movies and my nephew thought the two Coreys were hysterical. They also got a kick out of "Jack Bauer and the mother from Still Standing" being so young. Maybe they haven't entered their jaded twenties yet.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
The Lost Boys is one of the greatest vampire movies ever made, can't concieve of someone saying it's boring! :confused:

Heck I still listen to the soundtrack on my mp3 player (Lou Graham's 'Lost in the Shadows' is still one helluva tune) so it goes without saying that i'm getting this fast.

Dave, so cool that you actually met the star of Speed 2: Cruise Control! :D ;)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
John , i finally got around to watching the lu edition.

what a great job warner did with this.

anyway while i still think it;'s a terrific movie it just doesn't hold
up for me.
the music and the hair really take me out of the movie.
oh well.
i did get a nice surprise over the credit with roger daltrey singing
Don't Let the Sun Go down on Me.
i forgot aout that.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Ahhhh, okay, that makes more sense lol.

Personally speaking I love watching movies shot anamorphically on BD, the resolution was very high to begin with and so they really shine on BD. :emoji_thumbsup: As much as I give Shumacher crap for screwing up his Batman films he really did make a masterpiece with this and I commend him for shooting in Panavision anamorphic. :cool:

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Was really surprised by how excellent this one looked, on both my bedroom plasma and the HT projector! And the sound was no slouch either. Went from rental to purchase immediately.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks